Default Traffic Citation with No Written Date or Violation

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Georgia

I recently got two tickets in one night for not having my license present and no headlights. I payed the fine for the missing driver license fee, but i refuse to pay the $150 fine for the headlights because of the following reason. I turned off my headlights once i was turning into my appartment complex and that was enough reason for the officer to give me the ticket (Even though my was apartment complex is fully lit?). My problem is with the citation itself, on the ticket the office failed to write a time of the accusation, as well as the Section where the officer should have wrote my violation. Both areas were left blank. My question is can i bring this to the date my court was assigned and say that the officer failed to properly inform me of my offense? (since there is no violation actually written on the ticket.)?

Default Re: Traffic Citation with No Written Date or Violation.plz

Does it say anything about headlights/lights?

Default Re: Traffic Citation with No Written Date or Violation

You are free to challenge the ticket based upon ambiguities in the ticket - the failure to specify a time, the failure so specify the charge. I cannot see the ticket from where I'm sitting, so I cannot comment on its completeness or the adequacy of the notice it provides. It's possible that, should the prosecutor or court agree that the ticket is defective, the ticket will be amended or dismissed and reissued.

Arguing, "I don't think the law should apply to me", won't work, even if there are lots of lights in the parking lot.

1. Sponsored Links