Default Is it Illegal for People to Impose Consequences on Your Behavior

My question involves civil rights in the State of: ca

I am not sure this is a civil right matter but I can't find a better section.

If some one threaten you with doing something that is illegal is that by itself a crime (or illegal where I can take legal action).

For example if my landlord saids I better clean up my apartment or he will come in to inspect my apartment every month. It is illegal for landlord to come in to perform regular inspection for the purpose of inspection only in California (let just say for this discussion that this is a given)

Or you mortgage company threaten to add default interest to you entire principle amount if you don't paint you house. Let just say again it is a given the in California add default interest to you entire principle amount is illegal unless the entire principle amount is due.

If someone does this does this becomes a crime or illegal where I can take legal actions.

thanks

Default Re: When Does a Threat Becomes Illigal

What makes you think either of these things would be illegal?

They both are illegal in California but like I said for the purpose of this discussion let just say it is a give that there are both illegal.

But if you feel more comfortable if my example is

My landlord said I better clean up my apartment or he will changed my locks, lock me out, hire someone to clean my apartment and deduct the cleaning charge from my deposit.

I don't know that a landlord requiring you to maintain the premises at a certain minimum reasonable standard is illegal, if it is clearly spelled out in the lease.

1. Sponsored Links