Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Notice to Designate Email Address

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Florida

What does this term mean and why would it be filed as part of a case? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Default Re: Notice to Designate Email Address

Florida just passed new court rules requiring email addresses so they can notify attorneys/parties of things. You'll need to file one if you're involved.

http://miamifrp.com/new-supreme-cour...e-mail-service

I'd establish a hotmail or yahoo or other address for free and give them that. I have two such "throw away" accounts that I give out when I don't want to cough up the email addresses I get from my ISP.

I see you have to attach files in .pdf format. I convert text documents to pdf for free using PrimoPDF. LINK

You can use whatever email address you want, but you want one that is RELIABLE. You are responsible for correspondence the court sends there.
    Many firms use a specific mailbox that gets logged, etc... by someone in attention to someone other than the particular attorney involved so that litigation calendars, etc... are maintained.

Hotmail etc. is reliable. It's just that you have to log on to check them, although some email clients have the ability to pull them automatically now. I don't know about other clients, but Office (Outlook) 10 will send and receive Gmail. I have to admit I haven't checked to see if it will work with Hotmail for Pop3 or SMTP, or if perhaps they use a different protocol which Outlook can use. Gmail uses a different protocal and Outlook has no problem with it as long as you designate it upon setup.

The main reason that I have a Yahoo email account is for when I travel, especially worldwide. I can always log into that account from any internet enabled computer, and it works anywhere my laptop has internet access.

My Gmail account works on my smart phone, which has the Android (Google) operating system. It pulls any new emails automatically and gives me a tone telling me. It also stores my contacts so it's easy to send. I have 2 Gmail accounts on it.

My main email address, provided by my ISP and which I've used for years is known only by those who are forever important to me. The last case I had the OP attorney and I did a LOT of emailing, discussing possible settlement. He forwarded most of those to his client the defendants. I didn't want them to have my private email address so I didn't use it.

I guess it's just a matter of preference.

I'm not saying the service isn't reliable, but if you don't check it regularly, it's not RELIABLE.

Thank you for the clarification(s).
    erica

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    I'm not saying the service isn't reliable, but if you don't check it regularly, it's not RELIABLE.
    That's very true of course.

Hotmail is being phased out, so if you're inclined to use that service it would make more sense to use its successor (outlook.com).

Yahoo! does close free email accounts that are idle, and the mail they contain at that time is lost. You need to be careful with any free service.

I didn't know Hotmail was going away. I just looked it up and Microsoft is going to update it with @outlook.com.

"Users who want to upgrade can choose between keeping their existing @hotmail.com e-mail address or switching to @outlook.com. Switchers will still receive mail sent to the old address, Microsoft said."
    LINK

I think I'm just going to start using only Gmail because it works with Outlook and then Outlook queries it every 5 minutes (my setting) and also I don't have to use it as web based (but still can if traveling.) I can just send and receive with Office Outlook, and it stays active, and in mails just appear. I did have to set Gmail up to receive with IMAP instead of POP3, but Outlook can do that.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast