Default Tax Levy on Bank Account Over 12-Year-Old Tax Arrears

Hello...

This Levy took place about 8 Months ago where I was forced into a payment agreement of 50.00 Dollars Per Month although my ONLY source of income is SSD (Social Security Disability) Now, before I became disabled, I worked for Ford Motor Company for 18 Years making 140,000 per Year, so I surely paid into the system ten fold! My question is, can the IRS do this after 12 Years!! I had no idea that I owed anything (1,500.00) since I always got money back, what gives?? Was there a mistake on their end at some point that allowed me to get money back each Year only to bag me 12 Years later which I really cannot swing this payment, too much, its been a problem to pay this and now I really cannot do it anymore..

Please advise

Thanks a bunch!

Suicidewatch

Default Re: Fed and State Tax Due from 12 Years Ago, How Can the IRS Levy My Account And

The IRS is permitted to collect from SSDI.

Default Re: Fed and State Tax Due from 12 Years Ago, How Can the IRS Levy My Account And

Quote Quoting suicidewatch
    View Post
    Hello...

This Levy took place about 8 Months ago where I was forced into a payment agreement of 50.00 Dollars Per Month although my ONLY source of income is SSD (Social Security Disability) Now, before I became disabled, I worked for Ford Motor Company for 18 Years making 140,000 per Year, so I surely paid into the system ten fold! My question is, can the IRS do this after 12 Years!! I had no idea that I owed anything (1,500.00) since I always got money back, what gives?? Was there a mistake on their end at some point that allowed me to get money back each Year only to bag me 12 Years later which I really cannot swing this payment, too much, its been a problem to pay this and now I really cannot do it anymore..

Please advise

Thanks a bunch!

Suicidewatch
    This doesn't make sense. It was past the 10 year statute of limitations. The IRS also doesn't wait 12 years to put a levy in place...are you sure that this isn't purely a state levy?

Any Ford employee who became disabled would have more income than just SSDI. How odd.

Quote Quoting Bubba Jimmy
    View Post
    Any Ford employee who became disabled would have more income than just SSDI. How odd.
    I remember the news stories about how thousands of GM employees lined up for food stamps when GM went on strike. Just because they earned a lot of money, did not mean they knew how to use it wisely.

1. Sponsored Links