Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Employee Quit, But Talks Bad About Company To Customers

I had an employee quit because she did not want to work on Saturdays. She was not responsible for every Saturday only every 3rd from 9am- 12noon. She was asked to work one Saturday a month. She replied back saying " no, sorry, I quit." Now since she is gone, she as contacted customers and have "bashed" the company. We had one of the customers come to the shop and tell us what was said. She has also, for retaliation, notified OSHA and has filed a complaint. Now the list was very petty, and was taken care of within 4 hours. All issues was address and meet OSHA and NFPA regulations.
    What legal action can be taken to keep the ex-employee from going any further?

Default Re: Employee Quit, But Talks Bad About Company To Customers

is the information she is giving out false? or is it her opinion?

The Information That She Is Passing Around Is Truely False. She Has Very Strong Opinions That Don't Make Since To The Company.

But there were OSHA violations that had to be fixed, so that was true and it took a complaint to OSHA to get them fixed, so her statements cannot be "truley false" does that make sense? You have different opinions, she can express hers.

If The Ex-empolyee Is Going To Express Her Views To Our Customer In A Negitive Way, Would That Be Slander? As Far As Osha Goes, I Have Contacted Osha For Further Explainations And They Have Explained To Me That The Issues Are Very Minor And They Are In Every Service Shop. Osha Also Said That There Were 12 Issues And Only 1 Of The Items Would Be A True Issue. To Me, That Is Still Slander. False Statements.

Quote Quoting LEGALHELP101
    View Post
    If The Ex-empolyee Is Going To Express Her Views To Our Customer In A Negitive Way, Would That Be Slander? As Far As Osha Goes, I Have Contacted Osha For Further Explainations And They Have Explained To Me That The Issues Are Very Minor And They Are In Every Service Shop. Osha Also Said That There Were 12 Issues And Only 1 Of The Items Would Be A True Issue. To Me, That Is Still Slander. False Statements.
    You obviously have strong opinions also. It is not slander, it is her opinion with OSHA to back it up. Few organizations or people are totally without blemish making an absolute claim such as yours even harder to prove. Something cannot be "Truely False", is there is any truth to it. If you stop using absolutes, your injuries will greatly diminish.

Since The Ex-employee Has Been Contacting Certain Customers And Giving False Inforamtion To Them, Is That Considered Slander, Or Opinion? I Am Willing To Put The Osha Issues Aside Due To What Osha Has Said To Me Regarding The Report. Osha Can Walk Into Any Facility And Find Issues. Here's Something To Think About: Everytime A Person Leaves An Uncovered Drink On Their Desk, That Person Is In Violation Of Osha. Here Again, Osha Has Said That Our Report Is Very Minor And Should Not Have Any Problems. Is There Any Legal Actions That Could Be Taken Since The Ex-employee Has (on Her Own Time) Called Different People And Bad Mouth The Company? The Two Customers That Have Reported This To Us Told Us That A Lady Called Their House And Was Saying How Terrible The Owners Are And How They Love To Rip People Off. I Have Scouted Out Other Companies To See How Competitive We Are With Other Companies And We Are Very Reasonable In Prices. If That Is Her Opinion, Then She Needs To Keep It To Herself. Is There And Legal Action Or Fines To Just Scare The Person So That She Will Think Twice About Speaking Bad About The Company?

Question Re: Employee Quit, But Talks Bad About Company To Customers

Can Someone Explain In Detail The Differance Between Slander, Opinion, And Liable? Is There Any Actions That Can Be Taken In This Issue? If Anyone Needs More Information, Feel Free To Ask.

Slander is oral defamation, libel is written defamation. Opinions are distinct from fact, and are not ordinarily a basis for a defamation action. (Apples taste good - opinion. I think that dress is ugly - opinion.)

Mr. Knowitall,
    Can You Review My Problem And Let Me Know What You Think.
    Thanks

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast