Default Used Car is No Good

I purchased a used 98 Kia about almost 2 weeks ago (09/11/06) and on Wednesday while a few blocks from home, it stalled out on me. I called the dealer and was given a number as they offered to have the car towed for me. I waited as long as I could (I'm in Florida mind you) and it was 90 degrees outside. I walked around to the different shops nearby before finally just walking home. On thursday I walked back and had my car towed. I called on thursday but could not get a hold of anyone at the dealership. The dealership is a small one that really shouldn't be in business. I was told that my car only had one owner, but upon researching the vin number it showed that there was more than one and in the glove box was a receipt for financing from someone else who had purchased the car used in 2000! It also showed the car was salvaged and involved in major accidents. The odometer also had been frauduently tampered with per the report.

I spoke with the owner today requesting a full refund to which he offered to come to my home and take a look at the car. I declined and repeated that I wanted my money back. He then said he could not do it because the car was purchased as is but even still in this state, shouldn't I have a warranty? Is it illegal for dealers to sell without a warranty? What can I do at this point? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Used Car, no good

Quote Quoting notsure123
    View Post
    I purchased a used 98 Kia about almost 2 weeks ago (09/11/06) and on Wednesday while a few blocks from home, it stalled out on me. I called the dealer and was given a number as they offered to have the car towed for me. I waited as long as I could (I'm in Florida mind you) and it was 90 degrees outside. I walked around to the different shops nearby before finally just walking home. On thursday I walked back and had my car towed. I called on thursday but could not get a hold of anyone at the dealership. The dealership is a small one that really shouldn't be in business. I was told that my car only had one owner, but upon researching the vin number it showed that there was more than one and in the glove box was a receipt for financing from someone else who had purchased the car used in 2000! It also showed the car was salvaged and involved in major accidents. The odometer also had been frauduently tampered with per the report.

I spoke with the owner today requesting a full refund to which he offered to come to my home and take a look at the car. I declined and repeated that I wanted my money back. He then said he could not do it because the car was purchased as is but even still in this state, shouldn't I have a warranty? Is it illegal for dealers to sell without a warranty? What can I do at this point? Any help would be appreciated.
    http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...4!OpenDocument

Default Re: Used Car, no good

Thank you.

I'll report them on the fraud line and present all the paperwork I have. For now, I guess I'm stuck figuring out a way to get to work.

1. Sponsored Links