Default Told I Would Not Have to Pay for Treatment, then Billed by the Hospital

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: TX

My question is about a hospital bill with $300. When I made the appointment with the hospital, I actually called three hospital/diganostic center to compare the price, this hospital told me that my insurance will cover it completely and I don't have to pay. But now the hospital sent me a bill. Insurance only paid $1000 and I need to pay $300.

If the hospital told me how they will process the bill, I have no problem. My question is what I can discuss with the hospital, anything the hospital did wrong and what if I just don't pay? Thank you.

Default Re: The Hospital Told I Don't Need to Pay when I Made the Appointment

If you don't pay you'll likely end up being sued (and they'll win).

Did YOU actually call your insurance carrier prior to the procedure to make sure it was covered?

I never called insurance company.

The phone when I called the hospital to ask the price was recorded. Can they just told me I don't need to pay a single dollar and now charge me? Should the person who answered my phone at that day take the responsibility?

Highly unlikely.

You, as the patient, had an obligation to check with your provider before having the procedure done.

1. Sponsored Links