Default Can I Sue a Car Dealer's Service Department for Negligent Service

My question involves a car dealership's negligent service in the State of Maryland. My husband took my car to the dealership for a 15K service, which included an oil change and tire balance and alignment, amongst other inspections.

I drove my car off the lot, I was driving about 20 mph, and noticed the my car was shaking. It turns out that two lug nuts were missing, and the other two were put on loosely, so my tire almost fell off, and would most likely have fallen off if I was driving any faster. I pulled over and walked to the dealership (because I wasn't that far away) and informed them of my discovery. I was horrified and angry and the service technician was well aware. He gave me a rental car, and now has to replace the tire, which they are doing for free.

While I was not injured and no accident was caused, I am wondering, do I have a case against the dealership for negligence?

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, I tried my best to fit it into the category that made the most sense.

Default Re: Can I Sue a Car Dealer's Service Department for Negligent Service

Yes, it appears you do have a case for negligence. That said, since you have incurred no damages that have not been reimbursed and you were not injured, all that work, to be awarded nothing, seems a waste of time.

sue them for what? What might have happened?

Sorry but you weren't injured anymore than what they are already taking care of.

This is too funny. You have incurred no loss. The dealer is making you whole. You have suffered no pain. They even gave you a ride. What is it exactly that you want them to compensate you for? Do you think that every mistake that somebody fixes and makes right results in big payoffs? You can sue if you have incurred loss, which you have not. It's a good think you can't sue and receive money when you have not been damaged. Otherwise, people would sue you too as i'm sure you've made a mistake or two along the way in your life.

Next time, let the wheel fall off, wrap your car around a tree, break something really important that hurts a lot and never completely heals right, and then you can get a very large pay day from their negligence.

Sure coram can sue. What are you guys talking about that coram can't sue?

Coram, PM me for my address, and then you can mail me $5,000 to get the ball rolling on your lawsuit...
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

1. Sponsored Links