Default Noise Complaints Filed, and Verbal Threats from Neighbors Make Me Feel Unsafe

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida. I moved into an apartment complex 3 weeks ago, and starting the very first day our neighbors have been playing/making music until the early hours of the morning. Sometimes it stops at 1am and sometimes at 4:30am. I have told our front office multiple times and they have sent warnings to that specific unit and also a building wide notice. Since I have been living there I have made 4 complaints to the main office and have had the police department come out twice. The last time the police came out (at 1:30am) the music stopped until the officer left, and a verbal threat was made through the wall stating, 'If you call the cops again, we will beat your mother f@#$ing a*$!' then the music started back louder and didnt stop until 4:30am that morning. It is only me and my fiance living in a 1 bedroom apartment, and from the voices ive heard through the wall there is at last 3-4 ppl living in the other unit. So I dont feel safe living next to those tenants. Also i have filed a report with the police about the verbal threat. I talked to the leasing office about moving units to be out of that building, since there are other units like mine in the complex. They told me that I could move, but that they would have to raise my rent, and not give me the same deal that I got when I signed my lease, less than a month ago. Do they have to honor my lease agreement if i move to another unit in the same complex?

Default Re: Noise Complaints Filed, and Verbal Threats from Neighbors Make Me Feel Unsafe

I can't see your lease agreement from where I'm sitting, nor do I know anything about the incentives they offered, so I cannot comment on whether they would carry over to a new unit. If you would be mutually releasing each other from the current lease and entering into an entirely new lease for the new unit, then odds are that it would not carry over - but perhaps they're still offering incentives that would apply to the new unit.

1. Sponsored Links