Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Comment on This Video

My question involves police conduct in the State of: I'm not certain

this is my 1st post on this forum, I couldn't find anything regarding posting links in the FAQ, I hope this is within the rules.

Please comment on this video, especially the actions of the officer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ7agdh89pE

thank you.

Default Re: Comment on This Video

did you have a question?

Apparently he wants our comments. Not sure how much they'll differ from the 27,547 on Youtube. Well, outside of the fact we're more likely to be mature, intelligent and not sk8r fanbois..who I'm guessing made up 27,500 of those comments.

In my opinion the officer used a perfectly acceptable amount of force, my wife, who always sides with my stepson, and said stepson feel it is a case of police brutality, now don't ask me how something as ridiculous as this turned into a family spat, I was hoping someone experienced in police procedures, laws etc. would comment.

No, it was by no stretch police brutality.

Actually the officer showed a goodly bit of restraint.

If that'd been me, I would've called for the wagon and all the smart-asses would've been cited for trespass and picked up from the station by their parents.

If they were not interested in moving off private property when the Law was initially called, they needed a lesson in cause-and-effect, or more likely, here's what happens when you're cockily arrogant and think you know it all.

Looks like a case of another group of youngsters that were given "time-outs" instead of a well deserved spanking! No appreciation for consequences brought about for when you screw up.

Although I will grant the kids that the property owner was a bit of a jerk getting physical with the one kid, albeit just barely. There was no call for it. The kids just made it worse by getting physical back. As for the property owner saying who is the officer gonna believe if the kids complained...gotta hate those hidden cams. He might have gotten a ride too, deservedly in my opinion. Wonder if the kids went back and trashed his place after that?

Just another example of kids not doing what they're told and then crying police brutality when they get caught. That, and the concepts of private property and respect for law enforcement escapes them.

Each party was in the wrong.

The boys shouldn't have been on the property to begin with. And lets face it, teenagers have attitudes. Although, the owner had no reason/right to get physical with the child. Then when the officer arrived he explained to the boys what they were doing wrong and asked them to leave. They boys got an attitude and he lost his cool therefore, trying to "make an example" of this boy, instead of letting him continue walking off the property with his friends like they were instructed to do.

My uncle is the fire chief in my town so I spend a lot of time with the local police officers. There are a few that "abuse" their authority to an extent. Example: Being overly aggressive physically or verbally, exaggerating the severity of situations, etc. You can see it happen in almost any profession.

This may not be a case of "police brutality" this time, but lets face the facts. Teenagers have have zero respect for anyone of authority and adults view teenagers as "punk kids" because of how they dress or act.
    We were all there once or will be one day. That's life.

Those kids need to learn what "PRIVATE PROPERTY" means.

Skateboarding is not a crime. Trespassing is. Many times, these kids are skating where they are not supposed to be.

In this case, the owner clearly told them to leave. The one kid continued to skate almost into the guy after he removed the plywood, and appeared to me to be a deliberate attempt to bump into him. I would have shoved the kid back, too.

They also refused to leave and acted like cocky little brats. And you can see where the kid who was being detained was about to try to make a run for it.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast