Default Ordered to Repay an Overpayment

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: Idaho
    My husband just received a letter stating over payments. He was never aware of the issue till now.
    they went back a year and he found out he Made more then he claimed. We don't have problem paying back the overpayment. We are just worried about charges. He did fill it out the best of his knowledge. I also see where he might have hit the wrong numbers while making his claim. He just started a new job. He really doesn't want to lose it over this. We need help. What should we do I. This case?

Default Re: Ordered to Repay an Overpayment

He should contact the UI office and discuss it with them. They are very unlikely to file any kind of charges as long as he indicates his willingness to pay back the overage. It's the people who ignore the situation and hope it will go away that are in danger, not the people who cooperate from the first.

They honestly dont want anything but their money back. Unless you just completely ignore them, and file no tax returns, owe over $10k, and make a lot of fraudulant statements that you certified as 100% true, you dont need to worry. Bring their money to them, dont make them come get it.

If you call the overpayment dept, they will work with you, exclude future interest, and will take no action against you if you continue to keep up on your arrangement.

Benny, did you happen to notice that this thread is from March? I'm sure the OP has contacted them by now.

Benny has made it his mission today to revive dead threads. I'm looking forward to see what Benny does tomorrow!

I wasnt even paying attention to the date, thats what happens when you have too much caffiene before bed...

I was interested mainly because I have a client that called me about an overpayment issue in CA, but I believe new legislature is only in effect as of 7/20/12.

Sorry!

1. Sponsored Links