Default How Can a Grandparent With Custody of First Child Also Get Custody of a New Baby

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: TN
    I have custody of my granddaughter that is now 2yrs old. My daughter just found out she is pregnant again. She and this father just broke up. She is a party girl and now within last 24 hours with a past boyfriend that has a family history of drug use.
    The assumed biological father, (I say assumed because he doesn't know if the baby is his or not) of new baby wants to take custody of this baby, due in March, but he also has helped to keep her party ways going. She is 19 he is 23, she doesn't work and has proof he didn't want her working. He works for the sheriffs department for the inmates but not an officer. They both have done some major partying and he buys what she needs and they both do some "inappropriate" modeling. As recently as last month. Since I have had custody of the first child since birth but legally since last July, is there a chance I could get this child as well instead of these two "adults" who feel they are better than the next and want to keep custody for themselves?
    She wants to let this past boyfriend claim this child as his own and keep it from the assumed biological father.
    He wants to keep this past boyfriend away, as I do, and get the baby from her and her ways that he helped keep going.
    Very lost and need advice.

Default Re: How Can a Grandparent With Custody of First Child Also Get Custody of a New Baby

She is 19 he is 23, she doesn't work and has proof he didn't want her working.
    Irrelevant. He's not the boss of her, and if she wanted to work, she very well could have. Her "proof" of what he wanted means nothing.

At the moment, you don't have standing to do anything at all. If the presumed babydaddy establishes paternity through the courts - and there's nothing you can do to stop this - he may petition for full custody of the child. If the DNA tests show that he's the father and Mommy isn't cool with raising Baby, he WILL get custody, and there's not one thing you can do about it.

Partying, while it can be crappy parenting, doesn't necessarily render the parents unfit in the eyes of the court.

Default Re: How Can a Grandparent With Custody of First Child Also Get Custody of a New Baby

And "inappropriate modeling"? She can go full frontal legs akimbo in Playboy and it doesn't mean she's a bad parent.
    An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise - Victor Hugo

Do not microwave grapes

1. Sponsored Links