Default Signed Housing Application, Did Not Sign Lease - Am I Bound to Lease

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida

I'm located in the state of FL and I signed and initialled a housing application form that states the fees, guarantor forms, and clauses relating to the lease. However, I did not sign the lease portion that states the terms of the rent and duration? The lease has not yet begun and is due to in the middle of August. Can I still get out of the lease without being bound to all the penalties except the non-refundable application fee?

Default Re: Signed Housing Application, Did Not Sign Lease - Am I Bound to Lease

I can't read the document from here, so I can't tell you what you agreed in relation to the tenancy.

If we are to assume that the lease agreement states that no lease is formed unless and until you sign the lease portion, you are liable for whatever you agreed to pay under the application portion of the agreement but would not be bound to the lease.

Default Re: Signed Housing Application, Did Not Sign Lease - Am I Bound to Lease

It is very doubtful you are bound to the lease. I have never heard of the rental application binding someone to the lease if the application is accepted. I highly doubt this is the case.

1. Sponsored Links