Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Asked to Resign After Relationship With the Owner's Daughter

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: california

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

I work at a publication and the owners daughter who is an executive (35) and myself (40) had a pretty crazy texting deal for a while. At one point I said to her that this is a career buster to me and we should stop. She said she would never do that to me. She has a drinking problem and is unstable. One night after work she asked me to bring her beer. I said I didn't want to but she insisted. I brought it over and she kept telling me to relax etc and some physical stuff happened (Not sex, not kissing.) After I talked to her and told her that I couldn't do this and she deserved someone stable as I am with someone (Which she knew from the start.) she seemed to be OK. I would get these weird, aggressive emails. Like asking was I was using her etc and I was like what the hell? really random drunk emails. I still tried to be a friend. (BTW, she said that she had messed around with someone else before me in the company but wouldn't give a name.) Anyway, this was about 4 months ago. Today out of the blue I get called in and said I'm forced to resign. They are offering a 3 month deal but I'm like, what the hell did I do? If it was reversed and the exec was a guy and went after a girl employee then canned her it would be an ordeal. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like I've been stuck in this deal and even black maled at times and it ended up like I knew it would. Any help would be nice, thanks. Will

Default Re: Forced to Resign

Why do you believe that your relationship has anything to do with the suggestion that you resign?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Why do you believe that your relationship has anything to do with the suggestion that you resign?
    I don't actually, I just wanted to paint a picture that she was aware of my situation and wasn't mislead into thinking something else. No bearing on the case really. I will say that the fact I was with someone makes it more of a scene than if we were dating.

Default Re: Asked to Resign After Relationship With the Owner's Daughter

So you are trying to build some fake case out of thin air?

What in the situation do you believe is illegal?

What is the reason you were given when you asked why they want you to resign?

No one is obligated to resign, and note that getting unemployment benefits when you resign is difficult even in a "resign or we fire you" scenario. You say a lot, but do not say how you've been "black maled" (sic). It is not at all clear what question you want to ask.

Quote Quoting will68j
    View Post
    My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: california

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

I work at a publication and the owners daughter who is an executive (35) and myself (40) had a pretty crazy texting deal for a while. At one point I said to her that this is a career buster to me and we should stop. She said she would never do that to me. She has a drinking problem and is unstable. One night after work she asked me to bring her beer. I said I didn't want to but she insisted. I brought it over and she kept telling me to relax etc and some physical stuff happened (Not sex, not kissing.) After I talked to her and told her that I couldn't do this and she deserved someone stable as I am with someone (Which she knew from the start.) she seemed to be OK. I would get these weird, aggressive emails. Like asking was I was using her etc and I was like what the hell? really random drunk emails. I still tried to be a friend. (BTW, she said that she had messed around with someone else before me in the company but wouldn't give a name.) Anyway, this was about 4 months ago. Today out of the blue I get called in and said I'm forced to resign. They are offering a 3 month deal but I'm like, what the hell did I do? If it was reversed and the exec was a guy and went after a girl employee then canned her it would be an ordeal. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like I've been stuck in this deal and even black maled at times and it ended up like I knew it would. Any help would be nice, thanks. Will
    Let me get this straight. You were already in a committed relationship and decided it was a good idea to engage in an on-going flirtation accompanied by some fooling around with the owner's daughter who you knew was an unstable alcoholic. And now you're wondering why it turned out badly???

In any event, nothing in your post indicates dumping the boss's daughter is related to your being asked to resign four months later. Seems like you should take the money and run.

And quite frankly, even if it was related? Still wouldn't make it illegal.

Here's the deal and it's awkward. The night in question she wants me to bring her alcohol, this is a month or 2 ago. I say no, Im not doing that because if I do and something happens then it will be like I tried to get her drunk to do something to her. She insists over and over and over. I finally say ok, and I grab her 2 cans of beer, the softest drink I could find. I show up to her door and she's wearing nothing but a nighty with her tit hanging out. Im like, GEEZ. I can't really even look at her because I feel awkward. She says come in here before my neighbors see me. I go in and she says sit down. She sits next to me, I'm leaning away from her nervous. She says, why are you shaking, relax. Don't be nervous. I said that this was inappropriate and a career buster for me. She then said just relax your career is completely safe, I would never do that to you and starts sliding her hands in my shirt and down my pants. Im kinda shaking and she says kiss her and I say no. She asks me to have sex I say no, she then rubs me down there and in an instant sodomises me with her finger as I'm saying stop stop stop please. She stops and spends the next 4 minutes apologizing and saying "I'm so sorry for hurting you. Im thinking.. "what the hell just happened?" Im in shock and she tries to make it right with more physical contact. After a minute or two I stop the deal and try to make things as normal as I can. I tell her that she's nice and has a lot of things going for her and she needs stability. Im trying to say anything to forget what the hell just happened. I basically got sodomised by the owner. When I left I was so upset. She texted me late that night and said, "Are you ok with what just happened?" I said, "ya" to get her to leave me alone. She then apologized for hurting me. In my mind I was thinking, you are a freak. I pretty much ignored her but tried to make things as normal as I could. The place is paying me for hush money because they dont want the public knowing the owner sodomizes their employees since the company is based on million dollar contracts. They (HR) didn't know this when they asked for my resignation. I haven't signed anything yet. A relative of mine said I have no right representing myself in this case and there is no way this company would let this go to court because it would be devastating to the company finically. They seemed overly nice to me on this deal and I don't think it's just because they like me. I think it's because they think this has the potential to cost the company a lot and what I said I might do was basically chump change. They agreed to everything real fast and seemed eager for me to sign stuff fast and that's when I started telling myself to slow down. If this thing was flipped around and a girl was sodimized by a male boss telling her to relax and everything was going to be ok it would be borderline rape. On a side note, I had worked on a project on my own time with this company, most of it on my own time and money. They made an announcement to the company about it the day before this all happened. Im sure she felt this was a chance to sock it to me for rejecting her. The thing is I wasn't out looking to get money on this. I actually tried to erase it from my mind but this move forces my hand. What ever texts I ever exchanged with her, risqué or not, I never asked to be sodomized. I've basically lost my job because the owner wants this to be removed from her conscious.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast