Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Asked to Resign After Relationship With the Owner's Daughter

Okay, make up your mind. Was it the owner who did this, or the owner's daughter?

The family owns the business. The mother is the president and she is next in line but they are both considered the owners. She (The girl in question is an executive at the company.) They are prepping her to take over the company.

If this thing was flipped around and a girl was sodimized by a male boss telling her to relax and everything was going to be ok it would be borderline rape.
    Whoa, hold up there.

If you felt that you were sexually assaulted, your next course of action should have been to go to the police. In fact, it should still be, if you feel so strongly about it that you want to play the "What about the menz?" card here.

In what fashion was she your boss? Are you saying you reported directly to her? If you did, DUDE, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

In any case, your carrying on with the boss' daughter does not seem related to your termination. And even if it was, it still wouldn't be illegal. You can be canned because it the boss is having a bad day.

They told me directly the reason I was being let go was because of my "relationship" with her. But they really didn't know the whole story as they had OMG looks on their face when they got the FULL story. I can tell they believed me. I think they know that she is a liability to the company. She also said that she has messed around with someone else in the company. I didn't go to the police because I actually liked my job and the company for that matter. I tried to bury this but now I have to face it and it's really not what I want to do. They have an executive board, she is on it and an executive in the company. I really don't want to see anyone go to jail on this deal. I'm hating the fact that I couldn't just bury it which is what I've been trying hard to do.

You have only two options: - either take the three months' severance pay or file a claim of sexual harassment with the EEOC (this second choice only works if the company has 15 or more employees). Oh and stop talking like a 15-year-old, and stop calling a 35-year-old woman a "girl."

10-4, thanks for the advice.

(1) When you said no, you wouldn't go over there and bring her alcohol, you should have stuck to it. Surely you knew nothing good was going to come of taking booze to an unstable alcoholic.
    (2) When she opened the door with her boob hanging out, why didn't you leave right then and there?
    (3) When she started sliding her hands down your pants, thy in the hell didn't you head out the door???

You're a grown man. I do not remotely understand why you chose to stay once things started happening that you didn't want to happen (or are you reinventing history here???)

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2