Default Ticketed for Parking in "No Parking During on School Days", School Not in Session

My question involves a traffic citation from the state of: California

On the street I parked on there are signs stating "No parking on school days". The school is clearly on summer break per the schools schedule. There is a summer camp being held, and actually on the street in front of the school there are TEMPORARY parking restrictions limiting parking during this camp activity time. There are also "No parking on school days" signs there too. I made the argument that the temporary signs would clearly not be necessary if school was actually in session, and that where I parked, there were no additional restrictions, therefore I should not have been ticketed. I was denied!?!

My question is, where can I find the civil code defining this "No parking on school day" restriction. I plan to file an appeal and plead my case in person.

Default Re: Ticketed for Parking in "No Parking During on School Days", School Not in Session

this would likely be a local ordinance ...

Default Re: Ticketed for Parking in "No Parking During on School Days", School Not in Session

Quote Quoting windhorze
    View Post
    I made the argument that the temporary signs would clearly not be necessary if school was actually in session
    Well, school was not in session and yet they wanted to prohibit parking there... So they posted the needed signs (i.e. temporary no parking signs announcing the prohibition).

Quote Quoting windhorze
    View Post
    ... and that where I parked, there were no additional restrictions, therefore I should not have been ticketed.
    first you stated that "... actually on the street in front of the school there are TEMPORARY parking restrictions limiting parking during this camp activity time. ..." but then you state that you argued that where you parked "... there were no additional restrictions..."...

So which is it? Were there additional restrictions? Or there were not any additional restrictions?

Do you mean to say you parked on a different street that did have the "No Parking on school days" but did not have any "Temporary no parking during Summer camp days (or whatever those other signs said)" and you were still cited?

Quote Quoting windhorze
    View Post
    ..I was denied!?!
    I want to say "I am not surprised but I'll wait for you to answer the last question...

Quote Quoting windhorze
    View Post
    where can I find the civil code defining this "No parking on school day" restriction.
    Who told you there is a civil, definition to "No parking on school day" restriction?

You would have to look for that definition under that cities municipal codes and ordinances. But in all honesty, I highly doubt you will find it there simply because that sentence is .... self explanatory!

So, I am going to assume that the appeal you described there is the appeal that is submitted in writing.... meaning, the next appeal level is the one that you get to present in person. If denied again, you could obviously then ask them why you were denied.

If after the second appeal, you are not satisfied with that outcome, you can then appeal to the superior court in your county, however, there usually is an administrative fee that you must pay to the court (it will be refunded if you prevail, but you would want to be sure you have a case before you pay it).

What is the exact parking offense (statute or ordinance) cited? Is it actually a citation for parking on a school day, or is it for parking in violation of the temporary restriction?

1. Sponsored Links