Default Neglect of a child

+We recently have found out that my step daughter has been molested a second time by a 13yr old girl the mother left them alone in the childs bedroom to take a shower and the child touched her in places and our step daughter told her mother this the mother sent the other girl home a week later she tells my husband the childs father of this after we took the child back to her on our visitation anyway we are very upset over this and we went and spoke with a attorney he advised us to call dcs on her so he did and we hired the attorney to file for full custody now this is the second time the child was molested the first time was by her halfbrother and he is 7 they were caught in the closet.The mother told us she had them both checked at the hospital and from there they called dcs well they closed that case but we still do not know about the latest one they did interview the child and she told them what the little girl done to her at the childrens advocate center our court date is in oct and we have had our home eval by casa and he recomends the child to stay in the home knowing what has happened to her twice and the mother has been arrested for domestic violence and a second time she was arrested for assault and the judge put her on probation she also lives with a man who too has been arrested twice for domestic violence now we have pulled the childs medical records and found out there is no record of her taking the two children and having them checked she has lied about that to us her not turning it in the second time is that not considered neglect and we do not know if they have closed the case or not they did not remove the child.My concern is will the judge make a decision on all the facts and documention we have or will this casa persons statement really hurt us that bad if we have proof of her arrests and of her being molested we really do not want to lose this case we are very much concerned for this 4yr old sweet child the father has asked the mother if she plans to take her to therapy and she says no that the child has forgotten this well we do not agree she has not she speaks of it alot and to the children living here and she was playing with the father (my husband) she was playing with his hands and she took his hands and placed them on his private and said look I put your hands on your private and then laughed about it he told her no you cannot do that but how do we go about all this she needs some therapy we are afraid she is learning that it is ok to do this and may try it on another child we love this girl so much and feel her enviroment is not good where she is at. We plan to fight this and pull any records we can from all this but I have been told if there is proof of domestic violence in the home that the judge will not allow a child in a home with domestic violence.Now I have kept this child alot very close to her and the mother has called me so many times to come get my step daughter that her boy friend is kicking her out and he also follows her everywhere she goes even to meet me he is very jealous and he threatens her all the time he has a very vulger mouth and my step daughter has picked up on his language she has been saying bad words here.The mother does not properly watch her either the neighbors have spotted the child outside alone playing in the road and in the cars the mother was no where in sight the boyfriend has even stated to me that she does not watch her he says he came home from work and the child was up in the cabinets had ten pieces of gum and that is where they keep the meds at she could have gotten in them instead that the mother was watching tv and did not know that the child was up there. We just need any advice we can get please thanks so much.

Default Re: Neglect of a child

Can you try breaking that into paragraphs, and clarifying your question? I tried ot read it, but your presentation makes it very difficult to parse.

my question is really this do you think we have enough on her with all this that hs happened to her the casa person has done the home eval finds both homes good for child but states he recommends the child stay with the mother knowing everything that has happened to her being molested twice in the past six months by other children the mother never reported any of it we reported the second time her ex husband reported it the first but cps keeps closing the cases .

As I indicated, your use of a big block of text without proper sentence structure makes your initial post virtually unreadable. I'm not going to wade through it to try to figure out what you are trying to communicate. Maybe somebody else has more patience.

If you are involved in a custody case with CPS involvement, it would be very wise to retain a lawyer.

I am sorry you can't read my question. I was asking do we have enough on the mother and yes we do have a lawyer in there is no reason to get so nasty!!!!!

1. Sponsored Links