Default How Long Can a Judge Take to Rule on Termination of Parental Rights

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: indiana

My question is actually two fold:

- how long does a judge have to write an order after the end of a termination of parental rights trial,

- if i win at trial, what happens? There is an adoption hearing next month in probate court, will that still be a factor? What happens in the CHINS Court?

Thanks

Default Re: How Long Can a Judge Take to Rule on Termination of Parental Rights

Quote Quoting jalden
    View Post
    - how long does a judge have to write an order after the end of a termination of parental rights trial,
    In simple terms, "as long as it takes". Let's start with, how many days ago did the trial conclude?
    Quote Quoting jalden
    - if i win at trial, what happens?
    No trial yet? Then what are we talking about? A summary disposition motion?
    Quote Quoting jalden
    There is an adoption hearing next month in probate court, will that still be a factor?
    You really need to make up your mind. Are you telling us, now, that there has been a trial and, although you haven't been formally notified that your parental rights were terminated, the court is proceeding with a hearing to approve a third party's adoption of your child? Then I would infer that a judgment was issued and you should talk to your lawyer about the judgment.
    Quote Quoting jalden
    What happens in the CHINS Court?
    The CHINS Court hears cases having to do with Children in Need of Service - basically, abuse and neglect cases, missing kids, children who endanger themselves or others, and children with certain birth issues resulting from prenatal use of alcohol and/or drugs.

1. Sponsored Links