Default Stolen Checks and Forgery

I was given a pre-signed check from a female acquaintance and told that I could fill it out for $2500 because she couldn't find her pen at the time so I filled out and cashed check. Later in the week me and her got into a argument and she wanted her money back I told her that I could give her $1500 back and the rest 2 weeks later she said that she wanted it all back in two days. So 3 days later i was arrested for forgery and theft and now have a case pending. If she signed the check and gave it to me how can they say I forged it or stole it ? Does she even have a case against me or do I have to pay for a high powered attorney to gather phone records and other evidence on this silly matter?

Default Re: Stolen Checks & Forgery

Quote Quoting GOODBOY07
    View Post
    I was given a pre-signed check from a female acquaintance and told that I could fill it out for $2500 because she couldn't find her pen at the time so I filled out and cashed check. Later in the week me and her got into a argument and she wanted her money back I told her that I could give her $1500 back and the rest 2 weeks later she said that she wanted it all back in two days. So 3 days later i was arrested for forgery and theft and now have a case pending. If she signed the check and gave it to me how can they say I forged it or stole it ? Does she even have a case against me or do I have to pay for a high powered attorney to gather phone records and other evidence on this silly matter?
    She could claim that she presigned the check for a bill, and that you stole it, I would invest in that lawyer.

I have evidence that she said I was welcome for the money on a text...well it simply says your welcome in response to my text of thank you.

Also if I stole her pre-signed check and wanted to steal her money why wouldn't I just write it out to someone else to cash it since the victim knew me intimately?

Default Re: Stolen Checks and Forgery

I am just trying to let you know what she could claim, and it would be hard to get anyone to cash a check that you partially filled out. Sorry I can not be of more assistance.

What was the money supposedly for? Did she just make it a gift to you? Why didn't she just fill in the amount herself? Does she allege that you signed the check?

Hire that attorney ... this can be bad.

You did not mention your state or the specific code sections you were charged with, but chances are that these are felonies. In my state you would also likely face burglary charges - at least that's I would request from the DA.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

we were at ahotel around 2 am and I told her I needed the money to move out from my current girlfriend, The reason she didn't fill it out was because I told her I needed $5000 she said she didn't have it, so I asked her for $2500 and she said well lets go to bed and see if your worth it. The next morning I was leaving to go to work I told her about the check she said get the pen and we couldn't find it she said just fill it out for $2500 that all she hads in there was $4100 i said o.k. She said that I would be able to get $2500 more in two weeks I said o.k. She calls me 2 days later when I'm at home and wants to know why I'm there and not in a hotel, I told her that i had to get things straight at home first b4 I just up in move (mailing address,clothes,etc.) she said I was b.s. ing and that she wanted her money back

case #'s are THEFT 2913-02A1 ORCN ; THEFT 2913-02A3 ORCN; and FORGERY 2913-31A3 ORCN

Your "defense" sounds like you performed as a high-priced male hooker and it may not play well to a jury or a judge.

Hire an attorney. This can go very bad for you. You COULD go to prison.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links