Default Intrusive CPS Investigation of Household Members Over a Neglect Allegation

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: NEW YORK.
    My adult step daughter and her 2 children were temporarily staying with my husband and I. Her 2 year old child was seen out in the street alone and was reported by an anonymous caller. CPS talked to her and her husband and they both admitted it happened and that my husband and I and our 6 year old were not home when this happened. The stepdaughter and children have left the state so now cps wants to talk to a "collatoral" person about my child???? My child is perfect. No reports ever on me or my family! Does CPS have the right to bother us? The CPS worker has told me 2X the report was not on us and they are not investigating us. WHAT DO I DO?

Default Re: Step Daughter Accused of Neglect Now CPS Harrassing Other Household Members

Yes, they have the right to investigate you.

Default Re: Intrusive CPS Investigation of Household Members Over a Neglect Allegation

There was a report pertaining to a minor child residing in your household. If that raises concerns about your child, or if while investigating that report they find additional cause for concern, then they will investigate.

Do you know what this is about?

Default Re: Intrusive CPS Investigation of Household Members Over a Neglect Allegation

I will try to explain the best i can. 6 months ago adult stepdaughter, her husband and child came to stay with us in NY. 5 months ago stepdaughter had another baby. CPS came to investigate her then because baby had thc in its bloodwork and the baby has failure to thrive. CPS sends a nurse weekly to weigh baby. CPS has mom do a drug test and its clean. Baby gains weight nurse stops coming CPS never comes back. Fast forward a few weeks. Stepdaughters 2 yr old is seen running down road alone. Cps gets an anonymous call about it and comes to investigate that. Both parents admit she was out there alone. Both parents admit NO ONE else was here when it happened. My husband,child and myself were not home when the child was outside alone. CPS has told me that WE (me,husband and our minor child) are not being investigated but because we are living in the house to they need to talk to our child. CPS insists they will talk to our child......6 weeks later the cps guy comes here. I inform him the step daughter,husband and 2 children have moved back to TN. He says hi to our child,says ok and leaves. He calls me an hour later saying he needs a collatoral person to talk to about my child. I ask him why. He again states "because you are in the same household as the person the report is on BUT we are not investigating you. WTH??? !st of all if they are on a fishing expedition there is nothing on me. I have 2 grown children with no cps concerns and my husband had custody of his grown kids from a previous marriage. Any time they have been here my home is spotless and my child is clean and happy.My main question is....If we are not being investigated and the people who are are gone now why are they trying to get info on us? Can they do this?

Yes, they can.

1. Sponsored Links