Default Website Owner Refuses to Remove My Identifying Information from Their Website

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CA

I asked a major newspaper to remove my name and identifying information from a comment that appears online but they refused. What can I do at this point?
    I submitted the comment about 10 years ago. At the time, I read the article in print and emailed my comment to the email address listed in the print newspaper. I didn't even realize at the time that this newspaper article would also appear online.

Default Re: Website Owner Refuses to Remove My Identifying Information from Their Website

I expect that the newspaper was publishing an online version ten years ago. I expect also that the comment has been online long enough that the statute of limitations has run on the most obvious potential causes of action - all of which are problematic given that you wrote the letter knowing that the newspaper could publish it - and may well have been contacted prior to publication to confirm both authorship and consent.

Default Re: Website Owner Refuses to Remove My Identifying Information from Their Website

At the time, I did not understand that the article comment would also appear on the internet but that is beside the point. I dont believe they contacted me prior to publication to confirm authorship and consent. I also don't remember how/if they contacted me to let me know the comment had been published in their newspaper. What statue of limitations are you referring to?

1. Sponsored Links