Default Can You Report Unpaid Child Support to a Credit Report

My question involves child support in the State of: North Carolina

This morning I received a notice from my credit bureau, that The Child Support Enforcement Agency in North Carolina is posting to my credit report. They have posted this as an installment loan. I am 100% on my child support and do not have any back supported owed. When my ex transfered this to the Agency, I received notice, but did not see anything about them posting to my credit. (I am going to re-read they sent)

With this being stated as an installment loan, this will raise my credit to debt ratio by 9k per year. (that is what I pay per year for child support)

I am guessing this is legal, but can they post this as an installment loan, seeing it is not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Can You Report Unpaid Child Support to a Credit Report

Child support is payable by court order, and a money judgment or order for arrears would be reportable. It looks like the CSEA reports child support activity whether or not there are arrears.

An ongoing child support obligation is not an "installment loan" and should not appear as such on a credit report. You can try to figure that out with CSEA, or object directly with the CRA.

1. Sponsored Links