Default J1 to F1 pending period

1.I will apply for the change of statue from J1 to F1 as I have no two years home country stay. But school told me that I am not able to attend class before my change of statue is approved. Is that something new?

2. I will apply for this change of statue during my grace period, will that cause problem to be approved?

3. If I get I20 from one shool and start my application of change of statue, will I be able to enroll in another school afterwards?

Default Re: J1 to F1 pending period

Quote Quoting Mosquitofly
    1.I will apply for the change of statue from J1 to F1 as I have no two years home country stay. But school told me that I am not able to attend class before my change of statue is approved. Is that something new?
    From what you write, you will be out of status. They are presumably going to decline your enrollment on the basis that you will be out of status, not because you are applying for an F1 visa.

2. I will apply for this change of statue during my grace period, will that cause problem to be approved?
    If you aren't approved during the 30 day grace period, you would be expected to return to your nation of origin. Consult an immigration lawyer.

3. If I get I20 from one shool and start my application of change of statue, will I be able to enroll in another school afterwards?
    An F-1 visa holder can transfer to a different school. You would notify your current school of the transfer, and obtain an I-20 form from your new school. You would complete the student certification section of the I-20. You would be required to deliver the completed I-20 to the foreign student advisor at the new school within fifteen days of beginning attendance at your new school.

Default Re: J1 to F1 pending period

hello
    I went little far from yuor situation
    and stuck
    i applied to school accepted and still waiting my approval, but i'm finishing the school already, i have posted the question what i an do after that
    If you have finished the program, you can go to change the status, but it doesn;t mean that you'll get an approval, it might take longer that you have expected and it might cause more uneasy situation while you r status is pending even when you attend the school, i would recommend to apply to college when you finish you r program, once you are accepted( it wont take long), go back to you r country and get a student visa
    I hope this will help you

regards

1. Sponsored Links