Default Is It Possible to Sue United States Postal Service Over Shipping Delays

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: New York

Is it possible to sue United states postal service(USPS) ?
    I shipped package to be specific (expensive sneakers) from new york to florida, than situation happend with the buyer and I filed to cancel the shipping payed $11 for each package cause I Sent two. The packages were intercepted and supposed to be sent back to me. It took 10 days for them to send the package back it's only supposed to be 2-3 days. They only sent me one package back though. One package came back to NYC than a mistake was made and it was sent back to Florida. Few days later it was sent back to New york. but only one package of course. One of my packages is still lost somewhere in florida. Okay so one package again reaches new york. More specifically it reached a town on long island that isn't the town I live in. From that town it was shipped to the home. It never came to my home and I've been home all week. I call and they said it was delivered to the home already. Idk to what home though ?? I payed for delivery confirmation and tracking number and stuff so idk what to do. What do you guys suggest? Thanks

Default Re: Is It Possible to Sue United States Postal Service Over Shipping Delays

You can file a claim through the post office -- first step. Go to PO and tell them you want to file a claim.

Default Re: Is It Possible to Sue United States Postal Service Over Shipping Delays

was there any guaranteed shipping times in any of that mess? If so, read the rules the USPS posts concerning their liability in case there are delays.

It took 10 days for them to send the package back it's only supposed to be 2-3 days.
    supposed to be or guaranteed to be?

did you have insurance on these packages? If so, it sounds like you can likely make a claim on the one. As to the other one that they claim was delivered; contact the office againt and tell them what you said here. Mistakes do happen and it may be you can file an insurance claim on that package too.

Quote Quoting InquirerOfInformation
    View Post
    It took 10 days for them to send the package back it's only supposed to be 2-3 days.
    Where are you seeing that time line? It's not on the package intercept request form, PS Form 1509.
    One of my packages is still lost somewhere in florida.
    If the tracking information shows where it is, then it's not "lost" as such - it's just delayed for some reason at the location identified on the tracking information. Have you tried contacting that location? If it was lost, as previously indicated, you can make an insurance claim (to the extent that the shipment was insured).
    Okay so one package again reaches new york. More specifically it reached a town on long island that isn't the town I live in. From that town it was shipped to the home. It never came to my home and I've been home all week. I call and they said it was delivered to the home already.
    And the tracking information confirms that it was delivered to your home?

Oh sorry guess its' not on the intercept form but I talked to them they said it should only take 2-3 days and no I spoke to a post office in Florida and she was holding both packages in Florida she told me she had them and she was going to send them back to me but that was 2 weeks ago now. And I know they make mistakes I don't care much about the time that these packages have taken to get returned to me. I'm
    just worried that I'm not going to receive either package. And yes on the tracking it said delivered. They told even told me it was delivered and they trying to tell me maybe I wasn't home for it. lol I been home all week waiting for the package It wasn't delivered to my house.And I didn't have insurance on the package I didn't know you could put insurance on a package. They told me before that the mailman just left it at the house. And now they're telling me that the mailman doesn't remember delivering the package now

Only express mail (and in a form, registered mail) has tracking . The postal service generally makes no delivery guarantees. 2-3 days for priority is only an estimate.

1. Sponsored Links