Default Are Expunged Records Removed from the Clerk of Courts' Website

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Florida

I wanted to know if expunged criminal records are also removed from the court's online database that is accessible by the public. I'm asking because I've searched the clerk of court website for my county and I see a few cases where in the 'file location' section, it states 'destroyed'. However, the information about the individual and charges are still displayed. I wanted to know if that is what is displayed when you get your criminal record expunged because it seems like it would defeat the purpose if the physical file is destroyed but they still display the case online. And before anyone states the obvious, I already know there is no way to completely remove any record because there are independent agencies which can still display the case, even when it is expunged. My question is related to the online records that most courts have that the the public is allowed to search free of charge.

Default Re: Are Expunged Records Removed from the Clerk of Courts' Website

I wanted to know if expunged criminal records are also removed from the court's online database that is accessible by the public.
    They're supposed to be - the entire point of sealing/expungement is to remove those records from the public view. Certain government agencies can still view the records, but no one else should even be aware of their existence.

If you have an expunged record that is still visible to the public, contact your county's Clerk of Court to determine why it's still showing. You may also need to consult with the attorney who handled the expungement.

Default Re: Are Expunged Records Removed from the Clerk of Courts' Website

Do also bear in mind that just because the records were expunged doesn't mean that they won't appear on a records check done by a private company. Unfortunately, there isn't any legal requirement for them to update their records as yet.

1. Sponsored Links