Default 10 Year Ban but ESTA Approved

Hi,

I came to US on J1 visa for a Work and Travel program, which I have overstayed for 5 years. I know that there is a 10 year ban imposed on me. So after living there illegally for 5 years, i went to my embassy and applied for a new passport, bought a plain ticket and left the country on my own. It has passed almost 2 years since than, and I would really love to go back for visit to see my friends. So I have recently applied for ESTA, and I was approved to travel to US. I understand, that ESTA doesn't grant me the entry into the country and I have to go through the customer.
    Is there any chance they will let me back into the country? Was anybody in the same situation before?

Default Re: 10 Year Ban but ESTA Approved

Once they become aware you were here illegally you will not be permitted entry.

Default Re: 10 Year Ban but ESTA Approved

As you know, you should not have been approved for ESTA. If and when they detect the overstay you will be disqualified from VWP. Nobody here can promise you that you will be allowed to enter the U.S. - there are plenty of cases of people who, after being approved (mistakenly) for ESTA are turned back at the port of entry.

1. Sponsored Links