Default Knee Injury Caused by a Car Accident

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: washington,,,,,,,i was reended by a truck 8 weeks ago. my car was a total loss i sustained an lcl grade II tear im my left knee and suffered from back and neck pain for several weeks. since the accident i have lost my employment do to me not able to do my job as a truck driver. I ruffly make about 65k a year had health insurance for me and my children. I am now starting physical therapy on my knee that has been bothering me. im told by my doctor that it will take about 12 full weeks to get me released back to work depending on my my knee. my doctor also states that i will mostly have long term issues with the knee because it will weakin my ligament and most likely be at risk to tear again or as he stated it will be easier to tear again now.i am falling back on my child support i have lost my union job that also has a great pention. my bills are starting to add up. what kind of seattlment am i looking at.? can anybody answer me ?

Default Re: Knee Injury Grade Ii Tear Lcl Ligament

Did you hire an attorney? Does the other side contest liability?

Default Re: Knee Injury Caused by a Car Accident

If you have been trying to settle the matter directly with the other driver's insurance company, they may have made an offer. I would expect it to be on the low side of what they are willing to offer.

If you want your case evaluated for liability and possible damages, you should consult a local personal injury lawyer, ideally with some medical records detailing the nature of your injury, prognosis for recovery, and likely future limitations or other issues.

I did hire an attorney yesterday and no the party at fault does not denie fault the driver who reended me was given a ticket for following to close and there is video to prove he is at fault.

- - - Updated - - -

all my medical records my MRI results show an injury my medical records have been pulled and i have never ever had an injury of this type. And yes i have an attorney trying to get an idea of what i will be compasated with?

To take a wild stab in the dark at a case I know almost nothing about in a state that I definitely know nothing about, I'd say between 2 and 3 times your medical bills, if your attorney is any good. It depends on a laundry list of factors, including whether you choose to have surgery and whether the county the suit is filed in is plaintiff or defendant friendly.

1. Sponsored Links