Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Canadian is Using Km Rather Than MPH

So guys, I just got a ticket in England for driving the wrong way. I didn't get a warning or nothing and they didn't have signs or anything warning us that they drive on the wrong side of the road. Do you think the ticket will get thrown out? After all they could have given us a warning or something. It's so unfair that they have to do things differently.

[/tongue in cheek]

Quote Quoting California student
    View Post
    So guys, I just got a ticket in England for driving the wrong way. I didn't get a warning or nothing and they didn't have signs or anything warning us that they drive on the wrong side of the road. Do you think the ticket will get thrown out? After all they could have given us a warning or something. It's so unfair that they have to do things differently.

[/tongue in cheek]
    Then I wonder if you need to pay the ticket? If you do not pay, what can British do to you?

California student,

Then I wonder if you need to pay the ticket. What can Britsh do to you, if you don't pay?

Quote Quoting retaliatedworker
    View Post
    California student,

Then I wonder if you need to pay the ticket. What can Britsh do to you, if you don't pay?

Do you REALLY want to know?

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Do you REALLY want to know?
    Make me watch their TV shows that aren't "Who's Line is it Anyways?" or "Doctor Who"?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Ah, so the teenager count didn't increase. Ya gotta watch out. Sometimes the quantity magically increases on ya. Ya start with two or three and before you know it, ya got 6 or 8 of them critters following you around and they all swear they belong to you.
    Don't I know it. There are 6 in my house at this moment, shooting pool downstairs. One is mine, the rest adopted me when they were in kindergarten. I don't mind. Keeps 'em off the streets, and they help me pull weeds when I ask. It doesn't end with teenagers, either. Bubbazander turned 20 earlier this month, and most of his 20-something coworkers call me Mom, too.

In my 20 minute lesson, the first example he picked up was something in excess of 75 yo. He took the bottle, turned it upside down, showed it to me and set it back down. As we went through his various brands, he would pick up a bottle, explain a bit about it, hand it to me and have me shake it. The last bottle he showed me was that first bottle. His point was that the inside of the bottle was still well coated with the vinegar due to it having so much body.

I cannot remember what it represents but there is something about the number of leaves on the label. Any info there from you?
    The more leaves there are, the thicker and sweeter the balsamic. No leaves means it's mostly red wine vinegar with very little balsamic blended in. Don't buy those. Most of the infused balsamics I like are two leaves, though there a couple one leaf white balsamics that are perfectly balanced between tart and sweet.

and while I have only partaken of the cheaper brands so far, even with those it isn't beyond me to simply take a teaspoon and taste it occasionally. While I enjoy it, the granddaughter (2 yo) made a really funny face.

I'll have to check our little Italian market near me. He has a large selection of balsamic and a large selection of olive oil. It's been awhile since I've been there so don't know if any of those brands are among the bunch.

any particular brand or such with the balsamic? I'm thinking I need to take the plunge and go for the good stuff once.
    Olive oil and balsamic vinegar shops are getting to be A Thing, where you can go in and taste everything. I'm super fond of Fustini's, and Zingerman's in Ann Arbor hosts tastings quite often. Bubbazander tells me a new shop has opened at the mall, we're going to play hooky one day next week and try it out. If you can find a shop that lets you taste, do it, and take notes. It's a lot like tasting wine - everyone has different reactions to different flavors and combinations, so while harissa olive oil and lavender balsamic sends me over the moon, it might mot be to your liking.

If the proprietor at your Italian market is giving you pointers now, ask him about sampling. Most specialty shop peeps love to do samples, because people are more apt to spring for the good stuff if they've tasted it and like it.

(I better move this over to Banter.)

did you read the link about the olive oil (Cracked.com)
    Of course I did! Cracked's quality has really been on the rise lately!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4