Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Canadian is Using Km Rather Than MPH

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Yes.

Otherwise we shall be forced to use the Clue By Four.
    I did not know ya'll had a Clue x 4 here. I have seen them other places but not here. I actually have used a Clue x 4 before. It is fun! All I've seen here is the Hammer O'Bannin.

On a side note OP, every country expects visitors to follow their laws. Would it be nice to get a warning? Sure but it isn't required. Just be thankful you didn't wind up like that kid that got his butt caned years ago.

Oh holy mackerel people - it was a pun!

"Thru cruise ship" = entered via a magic portal/door on the ship.

Yes, I know there are cruises to and from Canada. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

(C'mon now - I live in the upper part of WA )

Never been to Canada and never rented a car there (obviously). Are their speedometers reverse of ours (KPH is the more prominent display as opposed to ours with MPH as the prominent display)?
    Depends on the age of the car and where the car is made, I'd expect.

I bought my husband a Prius a couple years ago, and it's got a digital dashboard. There's a button to switch between KMH and MPH, with KMH in first position.

<--- resisting the urge to comment a la Jeff Dunham re the Prius.

<--- not doing too well at the resistance thing.

<---going to play Bejeweled or something before she gets into major trouble.

"If you put your hand out the window, it turns!"

Shuriken is great, though. The last time we went to Traverse City, we came home with two teenagers, four laptops, two suitcases, six cases of wine, a case of brandy and hard cider, half a case of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and a garden sculpture for my MIL.

Shuri is like the TARDIS.

I might've traded the teens for more wine and hard cider.

And defo more olive oil and balsamic.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    "If you put your hand out the window, it turns!"

Shuriken is great, though. The last time we went to Traverse City, we came home with two teenagers, four laptops, two suitcases, six cases of wine, a case of brandy and hard cider, half a case of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and a garden sculpture for my MIL.

Shuri is like the TARDIS.
    what did you have when you went?

I read an article on olive oil today. Number 1 on this list

We have a little Italian market near me. The owner spent 20 minutes teaching me about balsamic vinegar.
    Anybody ever use it on ice cream? He was telling me the very high end (75+ year old) is good on ice cream.

Next lesson is on olive oil.

what did you have when you went?
    Two teenagers, four laptops, and two suitcases! That was the trip where we learned - after having the car for more than a year at that point, mind - that Prii have storage compartments over the rear wheels that hold six bottles of wine, each.

We have a little Italian market near me. The owner spent 20 minutes teaching me about balsamic vinegar.
    Anybody ever use it on ice cream? He was telling me the very high end (75+ year old) is good on ice cream.
    My very first job was making ice cream in a shop in Germany, run by an Italian fella and his German wife. Tonio was a great boss, and I was often invited to dinner at his house. Sometimes his Mother joined us. One Sunday, Mama told Tonio to get the "balsamico". We had little balls of luscious vanilla ice cream drizzled with an eyedropper full of 100 year old balsamic. It is blindingly wonderful, your tongue goes crazy trying to taste it all - sweet and savory and tangy and creamy all at once.

It's also a very expensive treat. But so wonderful. I can't afford the 100 year old stuff, but Bubbazander and I make a nice balsamic reduction that almost comes close to the experience. We've been playing with infused balsamics lately and have been having good luck with those.

As far as olive oil, I don't buy the US commercial brands. I got spoiled living abroad, so I pay for the good stuff. I'm especially fond of one called Serendipity out of Australia, it tastes like freshly mown grass smells, and I love Zoe from Spain. Now and then, when we can find it, we like unfiltered oil made from Castelvetrano olives. It's spendy as all get out, but so very delicious.

*taking notes*

LawResearcherMissy;627284]Two teenagers, four laptops, and two suitcases! That was the trip where we learned - after having the car for more than a year at that point, mind - that Prii have storage compartments over the rear wheels that hold six bottles of wine, each.
    Ah, so the teenager count didn't increase. Ya gotta watch out. Sometimes the quantity magically increases on ya. Ya start with two or three and before you know it, ya got 6 or 8 of them critters following you around and they all swear they belong to you.

It's also a very expensive treat. But so wonderful. I can't afford the 100 year old stuff, but Bubbazander and I make a nice balsamic reduction that almost comes close to the experience. We've been playing with infused balsamics lately and have been having good luck with those.
    In my 20 minute lesson, the first example he picked up was something in excess of 75 yo. He took the bottle, turned it upside down, showed it to me and set it back down. As we went through his various brands, he would pick up a bottle, explain a bit about it, hand it to me and have me shake it. The last bottle he showed me was that first bottle. His point was that the inside of the bottle was still well coated with the vinegar due to it having so much body.

I cannot remember what it represents but there is something about the number of leaves on the label. Any info there from you?

and while I have only partaken of the cheaper brands so far, even with those it isn't beyond me to simply take a teaspoon and taste it occasionally. While I enjoy it, the granddaughter (2 yo) made a really funny face.

As far as olive oil, I don't buy the US commercial brands. I got spoiled living abroad, so I pay for the good stuff. I'm especially fond of one called Serendipity out of Australia, it tastes like freshly mown grass smells, and I love Zoe from Spain. Now and then, when we can find it, we like unfiltered oil made from Castelvetrano olives. It's spendy as all get out, but so very delicious.
    I'll have to check our little Italian market near me. He has a large selection of balsamic and a large selection of olive oil. It's been awhile since I've been there so don't know if any of those brands are among the bunch.

any particular brand or such with the balsamic? I'm thinking I need to take the plunge and go for the good stuff once.

did you read the link about the olive oil (Cracked.com)

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast