Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Impeding Traffic Ticket, California VC 22400

Quote Quoting boo
    View Post
    How exactly could I be able to request traffic school before a TBD/Trial? I thought you were granted traffic school after losing trial/tbd first or second time.
    You're kidding me right?

No, seriously... You must be joking!!!!

You have got to be putting on an act... Nobody could seriously be this oblivious!

But in the slight chance that you are...

Was it not you who posted this:

And did you miss the part at the bottom about TRAFFIC SCHOOL???

This thread has more than run its course... I think you should be able to handle things on your own from here!

Whatever it is, it must be some good shit that you're smoking!

Quote Quoting That Guy
    View Post
    You're kidding me right?

No, seriously... You must be joking!!!!

You have got to be putting on an act... Nobody could seriously be this oblivious!

But in the slight chance that you are...

Was it not you who posted this:

And did you miss the part at the bottom about TRAFFIC SCHOOL???

This thread has more than run its course... I think you should be able to handle things on your own from here!

Whatever it is, it must be some good shit that you're smoking!
    So I check box "Traffic School " and then submit my TBD/court trial? Would that work? I mean, if I cant, I might as well just request court appearance and contest the citation and ask the judge for traffic school if I lose

You have to be found guilty or plead guilty to have access to traffic school. There's no way to plead "not guilty" and request traffic school at the same time. In a TBD you can request traffic school in the event that you are found guilty, but that's different from being guaranteed access to traffic school while putting in a "not guilty" plea.

Quote Quoting California student
    View Post
    You have to be found guilty or plead guilty to have access to traffic school. There's no way to plead "not guilty" and request traffic school at the same time. In a TBD you can request traffic school in the event that you are found guilty, but that's different from being guaranteed access to traffic school while putting in a "not guilty" plea.
    If found guilty by TBD then Court trial, then I will request traffic school. Hopefully the judge will grant me traffic school though since its my first traffic ticket.

Quote Quoting boo
    View Post
    If found guilty by TBD then Court trial, then I will request traffic school. Hopefully the judge will grant me traffic school though since its my first traffic ticket.
    Just as long as you understand that the only thing the judge is required to do is consider the specifics of your case. There's no actual requirement that they grant traffic school.

View Post
    Just as long as you understand that the only thing the judge is required to do is consider the specifics of your case. There's no actual requirement that they grant traffic school.

If I go to court trial and then plead guilty, ask for traffic school, will there be a chance of being denied of traffic school?

I dont want to risk not being elgible for traffic school after TBD then de novo trial or court trial/ plead guilty and then not get request for traffic school

Quote Quoting boo
    View Post
    If I go to court trial and then plead guilty, ask for traffic school, will there be a chance of being denied of traffic school?

I dont want to risk not being elgible for traffic school after TBD then de novo trial or court trial/ plead guilty and then not get request for traffic school
    Provided there's you're otherwise able to take traffic school, then no. However the officer is not present at the arraignment, so you can't play CHP Roulette without pleading "not guilty." You also, at best, might get a very limited amount of time to request a decrease in your fine, but don't expect to lay out a huge case during your arraignment.

View Post
    Provided there's you're otherwise able to take traffic school, then no. However the officer is not present at the arraignment, so you can't play CHP Roulette without pleading "not guilty." You also, at best, might get a very limited amount of time to request a decrease in your fine, but don't expect to lay out a huge case during your arraignment.
    Yeah I am elgible for traffic school. I know that the officer is not present at the arraignment. I might just go to the arraignment anyways since it an option and plead not guilty and then contest the ticket and go to trial. However, if the court decides I am guilty then I will request traffic school. I'm thinking that the judge will grant my request ?

Hello:

The officer could testify to your speed from his memory. He wouldn't necessarily need to have written it down on the traffic ticket. However, the fact that the officer DID NOT write your speed down, makes his testimony less reliable. It shows the officer's lack of ability to show attention to detail, which also casts doubt on his testimony.

Quote Quoting TrafficTicketSolution
    View Post
    Hello:

The officer could testify to your speed from his memory. He wouldn't necessarily need to have written it down on the traffic ticket. However, the fact that the officer DID NOT write your speed down, makes his testimony less reliable. It shows the officer's lack of ability to show attention to detail, which also casts doubt on his testimony.
    There's also the issue that it's a statutory requirement to be on the citation when (paraphrasing) 'speed is an element of the offense' , however since the OP has already plead not guilty, the issue is moot anyways.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast