Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Claiming a Child

    The father of my child (we are unmarried, he is the biological father, pays child support, and I am the custodial parent) wants to claim the child on his federal income taxes. The child resides with me more than 70% of the year. Does the father have legal support to claim the child?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Default Re: Claiming a Child

    Not unless you agree.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Claiming a Child Who Isn't Yours
    By Tongrin in forum Tax Law
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 05:53 PM
  2. Claiming Child On Taxes
    By Lawrence084 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 06:23 AM
  4. Guardianship: Child's Aunt Is Claiming Guardianship And Child Support
    By mommy2x in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 07:48 PM
  5. Claiming a child
    By chica101 in forum Tax Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Free Tax Forms
Download free federal tax forms.