Default How Long Will Shoplifting Show Up on Background Checks

My question involves criminal law for the state of: MN

Default Re: Shopping Lifting in 2005, Will It Show Up on a Background Check in 2012

If they ask about convictions you should answer truthfully. Convictions do not age off a criminal record like a credit report.
    They ma very well find it. Most government agencies have better access to better background checks than you will as a random consumer.

Default Re: Shopping Lifting in 2005, Will It Show Up on a Background Check in 2012

A conviction will always be there. If the charges were dropped it will still always show up, that is if you were arrested. If you were given a NTA and the charges dropped it should not show up. If you were arrested it will always show up on an NCIC check but will show disposition as Nolle Pros or Dropped/Abandoned. If you weren't convicted it shouldn't be held against you.

1. Sponsored Links