Default Incorrect Information On Ticket

Earlier this evening i recieved a ticket for rolling a stop sign on a rihgt hand turn. I have looked the ticket over and have noticed many things wrong with it. I was wondering if the ticket will be thrown out for the misinformation on it alone. First of all, the ticket has the wrong street number on it. As this is a carbon copy I am not 100% sure its wrong.. but what is supposed to be a number 8 looks like a 3 and the style of writing doesn't match any of the other 8's on the page. Secondly, the city is wrong. The first three letters of the correct city had been written but then crossed out and replaced with the city in which the police officer was from. I actually live in the same town but my mailing address is in a different City. Third of all, the Zip-Code is wrong, I am guessing that the zip code for the wrong city was written instead of the one for the correct city.
    The final 2 issues deal with a different part of the ticket on my information. It says I have "blk" hair and "Bro" eyes.. when in fact on my drivers license it clearly states i have "BRO" Hair and "BLU" eyes.
    He must have ran my plates to get my information as I just moved here from another state and haven't changed my license over yet. I am planning on getting a new license before the court date. Could this have any effect on the ticket as well?

Default Re: Incorrect Information On Ticket

Quote Quoting mdmoose29
    View Post
    I was wondering if the ticket will be thrown out for the misinformation on it alone.
    It is certainly possible -- if it were me, I'd argue that the number of mistakes made by the officer when he/she had a significant amount of time to get things rights, calls into question his/her ability to correctly observe whether I came to a full and complete stop, considering how briefly I stopped. This is especially true if it occurred near the end of the officer's shift (when the officer would be tired), if the officer observed me from a moving vehicle, or if other obstacles (vehicles, signs, etc.) might have obscured his/her vision, even momentarily.

You didn't provide any information about where you're located, the violation (code), or which street, city and ZIP were incorrect -- was it where the incident occurred or where you live? If it was the location of the incident, then the argument includes the fact that the officer wasn't even aware of where he/she was at the time.

In any case, I've seen tickets like this thrown out -- I've seen others where the judge ignores the errors and still finds you guilty. Like any trip to court, it's a crapshoot.

Good luck,
    Barry

Its actually quite funny about the address. Im talking about he screwed up the address for my house. Which happens to be where he pulled me over, in my driveway. I don't see how he could mess up my address if I was even in my driveway and he had the information pulled up in his car. It befounds me. I called the county today to see if it would be voided and the lady said to call back in a few days when it gets in the system.
    When I bring this to court how would I go about bringing up the fact that so much information was wrong?
    Also there were 2 officers talking to eachother in seperate squads, so that aids in the fact that he may have been distracted and not seen me come to a complete stop.

What state are you in? If it's California, by chance, I may have a good idea!

unfortunately, i happen to live in the state of Georgia.

1. Sponsored Links