Post FAFSA Loans During Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: N.C. We are going into bankruptcy 13 we have not had our 345 ( I believe it is called) at that time we will finalize the bankruptcy this is set for 1st of July and we have a case number and our first payment is due this month. I have recently enrolled in online school to further my degree and have qualified for a FAFSA loans. My husband blew up and stated that what I did would interfere in the bankruptcy process and that we would not get it and that I am adding on to credit and making things worst. The rest of the family stated just how do you think you are going to pay this back. I went I through the counseling for the FAFSA. I have already signed for this federal assistance I was helped by a finance advisor and told him everything. Please help me to understand I want to finally get my bachelor degree.

Default Re: Fafsa

Your online degree will likely not be worth the paper it is printed on and you will owe several thousands of dollars you cannot go bankrupt on, in loans. If you want to better yourself and your family, get a job.

Default Re: FAFSA Loans During Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

If you want to borrow money during bankruptcy, you need to clear it with the trustee.

I am skeptical, to put it mildly, of "online schools" that promise to give you some sort of credential that employers will take seriously. For the most part they do little more than separate students from their money.

1. Sponsored Links