Default Underage Drinking Summons Dismissed but Still Have Open Container Summons

in March I got caught drinking a beer during the St. Patrick's Day Parade.
    The officers gave me and a friend two summons; one for underage drinking and open container; but early this month I received a notice in the mail saying that the current cases have been dismissed.
    The summons that got dismissed was the underage drinking one but the notice did not mention the open container charge. I was wondering so I tried calling a couple of times but they never connected me and the summons says I need to appear to court in May 31st and I know that you can only send in a guilty plea by mail 10 days after the summons was issued but that was about 2 months ago, and i received the notice a good month and a half after the incident. The underage drinking case was dismissed due to lack of evidence and I was just wondering if that lack of evidence goes hand in hand with the underage drinking dismissal.
    The officers did say they weren't going to give us a second ticket if we weren't in high school which I don't think matters but what does this mean. I'm just wondering if the lack of evidence of the underage drinking summons correlates with the open container summons and if that was either never handed in or dismissed as well (no brand name on alcohol).
    All answers are appreciated; worst comes I'd have to make a visit to the courts and pay the 25$ fine.

Default Re: Underage Drinking Summons Dismissed but Still Have Open Container Summons

I would just appear in person,it's a hassle but not worth having a warrant over it.

Default Re: Underage Drinking Summons Dismissed but Still Have Open Container Summons

tc498 is right. No one ever got in trouble for going to court when they weren't scheduled for a hearing. If you are having trouble contacting the court, try the Clerk's office instead.

u think i should try giving a call today? even though it's memorial day?

i called the court today and they couldn't discuss dismissed cases with me and could not help me out..
    there's no way of finding out if a case is dismissed or not?

- - - Updated - - -

what ended up happening:
    judge gave us an ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal)- case dismissed in 6 months if i stay out of trouble
    and we had to sit through a 5 minutes "Quality of Life" program where the counselor just told us what is a violation or crime and what not to do in the city.

1. Sponsored Links