Default Is It Child Abuse if a 9 Year Has Corns on Her Toes

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Pennsylvania

Her mother receives $800.00 a month in child support plus she also works as a Therapeutic Staff Support worker and refuses to wash and comb my step-daughter's hair, she sent her to school with shoes that gave her corns on her toes, my husband and I immediately replaced the shoes, she refuses to give my step-daughter her prescribed medication for constipation which causes my step-daughter to bleed every time she has to move her bowels, my step-daughter also get abdominal pains due to not passing her bowels which the meds is suppose to help her with. Her mother refuses to get a separate bed for my step daughter in her junior size one bedroom apartment, consequently, she's had her sleeping in the same bed for 9 years to date even though she's promiscuous and the court ordered her to get a separate bed after she lied about it but they made no actions to enforce it. (My step-daughter told the judge she sleeps with her mother when asked) My step-daughter has admitted that her mother has made her sleep on the living room floor sometimes when her mother had male company. My step daughter showed signs of sexual abused by repeatedly trying to expose herself to her father and another time she touched him on the crouch after he had kissed her on the forehead. My step-daughter's maternal grandmother takes her to all of the doctors appointments, school, pick up report cards... Since my step-daughter was 2 years old up until now, 32 dr visits, her mother has only taken her to one and she was 6 years old when she did that. Her grandmother had taken her 14 times and her father took her the rest and that's because that was all she would allow him to take her through the years of trying to have a cordial relationship with her for their daughter.

Default Re: Is It Child Abuse if a 9 Year Has Corns on Her Toes

I'm well past the age of 9, and I still get corns - with new shoes, with old shoes, it depends. That's absolutely not child abuse.

So, Mom never washes her child's hair? Never? Really?

I need you to be absolutely honest here, okay? If your husband (you're not a legal party to this) thinks things are so bad, what has he done about them? What did child services say when he called them?

This forum would be no benefit to me if i was being dishonest first and foremost. Regarding my stepdaughter's hair never being washed, I wash her hair when she comes to my home. And just the way you have reacted to my post is the same as child protective services and family court has responded. My step daughter mother shows up to court pretending to want to co-parent and is only interested in her child's welfare, but her only interest is obsessing over my husband. What mother denies her child access to their father but does not deny herself of that access? (She's in contempt for that) How can you want to co-parent with a man and refuse to allow him to see his child? What man want any dealings with a woman that refuses to comb their child's hair, send her to school with a coat that does not zip in frigid weather conditions, refuses to give their daughter medication that will relieve their child of bleeding of the anus and abdominal pain? My stepdaughter's grandmother is at the school picking report cards up sending and picking her up from school, watching her get awards and performances and taking her to doctor's appointments because her mother is much too busy for that working part-time. When she did let my step daughter talk to her father on the phone (awhile back), my step daughter was on the line crying because she missed her father and wanted to see him, her mother told her to think happy thoughts. You asked what does my husband do about all this, he gives her medicine when she's with us, he has her hair washed and combed when she's with us, he bought her a new coat to return back to school (which her mother threw in the trash when she went back to her). Regarding the shoes, you are an adult, you make decisions on whether or not you will have proper shoes and clothing, a child needs an adult to make those choices for them when they are 9. As an adult you can also decide that you will not eat for a week but you don't have a right to impose that on a child. Here's a better point you may decide to go outside without wearing a coat in the winter but imposing a decision that works for you on a child is wrong. In this case her mother isn't walking around looking anything like how she sends her child. I understand it is difficult to believe that a mother doesn't like her own baby girl but that's what's going on, she has the behavior of someone who does not like her child. I would be typing for days if I could put everything down. She has accused and reported to cps my husband, me, and my sister in law of abusing my stepdaughter (different times). She told my step daughter that I was going to hurt her (my step daughter) I happen to have a very good relationship with my step daughter but if her own mother would tell her this what is she suppose to do with that information but be scared? But again, all of this is separate from her obsessing over my husband who has so called abused my step daughter in the past by not feeding her dinner. She makes time to go to family court fighting for more access to my husband in lieu of co-parenting a child her mother actually cares for. She uses family court to obsess and prey over my husband anyone in his life while my stepdaughter is technically being raised by her grandmother.

Actually a 9 year old should know how to wash their hair. If they were suffering pain during bowel movements, it would remind them to take a pill. 150 years ago, 9 year olds hunted with guns, fished and made their own clothing.

Quote Quoting neocush
    View Post
    This forum would be no benefit to me if i was being dishonest first and foremost. Regarding my stepdaughter's hair never being washed, I wash her hair when she comes to my home. And just the way you have reacted to my post is the same as child protective services and family court has responded.

And there's a reason why CPS and the court are in line with what I said.

My step daughter mother shows up to court pretending to want to co-parent and is only interested in her child's welfare, but her only interest is obsessing over my husband. What mother denies her child access to their father but does not deny herself of that access? (She's in contempt for that) How can you want to co-parent with a man and refuse to allow him to see his child? What man want any dealings with a woman that refuses to comb their child's hair, send her to school with a coat that does not zip in frigid weather conditions, refuses to give their daughter medication that will relieve their child of bleeding of the anus and abdominal pain?

My stepdaughter's grandmother is at the school picking report cards up sending and picking her up from school, watching her get awards and performances and taking her to doctor's appointments because her mother is much too busy for that working part-time. When she did let my step daughter talk to her father on the phone (awhile back), my step daughter was on the line crying because she missed her father and wanted to see him, her mother told her to think happy thoughts. You asked what does my husband do about all this, he gives her medicine when she's with us, he has her hair washed and combed when she's with us, he bought her a new coat to return back to school (which her mother threw in the trash when she went back to her). Regarding the shoes, you are an adult, you make decisions on whether or not you will have proper shoes and clothing, a child needs an adult to make those choices for them when they are 9. As an adult you can also decide that you will not eat for a week but you don't have a right to impose that on a child. Here's a better point you may decide to go outside without wearing a coat in the winter but imposing a decision that works for you on a child is wrong. In this case her mother isn't walking around looking anything like how she sends her child. I understand it is difficult to believe that a mother doesn't like her own baby girl but that's what's going on, she has the behavior of someone who does not like her child. I would be typing for days if I could put everything down. She has accused and reported to cps my husband, me, and my sister in law of abusing my stepdaughter (different times). She told my step daughter that I was going to hurt her (my step daughter) I happen to have a very good relationship with my step daughter but if her own mother would tell her this what is she suppose to do with that information but be scared? But again, all of this is separate from her obsessing over my husband who has so called abused my step daughter in the past by not feeding her dinner. She makes time to go to family court fighting for more access to my husband in lieu of co-parenting a child her mother actually cares for. She uses family court to obsess and prey over my husband anyone in his life while my stepdaughter is technically being raised by her grandmother.

No, what is difficult to believe is that this 9 year old has a whole bunch of "mandated reporters" in her life, and yet nobody has done anything at all?

That aside, if CPS has investigated and found no reason to remove the child from her home, I'm not sure what your husband wants.

1. Sponsored Links