Worried about my social security when my payee dies or goes to hospital or nursing home.
She is even considering giving me power of attorney & I am going to do the same. I don't have a guardian so I can still vote, drive & do other legal matters. If I get a job, I can spend the money-however I choose. I could even serve on a Jury.

We have checked there are no payee agency in my city-can't travel out of the city. We don't trust any other person to handle my benefits including my dad.

I read the payee agencies do not work with the beneficiary-which is actual against the payee rules. In another thread here

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137042

The Beneficiary should of called social security and said they were mishandling your funds or not getting you enough money to pay for every day needs. $30 a month for food is crazy. That is the fast way to become your own payee. Not paying for the rent is even crazier. That what it is suppose to be used for.

One error, I noticed in the thread, you can get SSI for physically & mild mental problems. When over 65 you can get if you are poor.

Now back to me, We don't want to take a chance of loosing it. My mother has taught me how to do things.

I am not sure if she did this correctly.

An exception for parents who are representative payees

A common checking account for all family members living in the same household who receive benefits may show a parent as the owner of the account. Children’s savings, however, must be held in a separate savings account for each child, with the child’s name shown as the owner of the account.
Does mean she can commingle her SS funds, & my social security funds in a checking account and can I be on this account?

As far as me handling money. I am really good at that.

I have a different type of disability, it is actually a brain dysfunction it is neither mental or physical.