Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Federal Agency Employment

    My question involves criminal records for the state of: New Jersey

    I was arrested when I was 19 years old for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. I went to court and received a conditional discharge. Once my probation period was over, the charges were dismissed. How long do I have to wait until I can get it expunged? Is it still possible to become a U.S. Marshal or DEA agent once I complete college? Since my arrest I have not been in trouble with the law. Also, I'm in the honors society with a grade point average of 3.8. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: Federal Agency Employment

    In terms of expungement, read this.

    Whether or not any given police agency will consider you as an applicant depends upon such factors as how long it has been since you stopped using drugs, the extent of your past use, and whether you will need a security clearance (and what type), in addition to the criminal history. You can browse agency websites for information on how long they expect complete abstinence prior to application (for example, here's the FBI's information). Needless to say, the DEA does not want to employ drug users.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Privacy: Federal Agency Policy vs Federal Law
    By Gaoler in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 04:06 PM
  2. Background Checks: Possible Federal Employment
    By Carroll99 in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 01:55 PM
  3. Expenses and Reimbursement: Breaking an Employment Agency Contract
    By Worried and Scared in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 09:08 PM
  4. Hiring: Employment Agency Agreements
    By ilyssak in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
  5. Federal Employment
    By quickone1 in forum Employment and Labor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Criminal Defense Attorney
Protect your freedom. Consult a criminal defense lawyer for free.