Default Kicked Out by Minor Daughter's Boyfriend

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: NC
    im 38 years old and my daughter is 17. we have had some issues in the past with her being disrespectful to me and other adults about a year ago she met this guy he is 27 now they went to church together. he has a little girl and just needed some help so he could get back and forth to work and asked me if he could stay with us till he found a better place closer to town and his job. me being a nice giving person said yes and i gave up my big room for him and his little girl. things were going great for a little while then i found out he was sleeping with my daughter. i know my mistake. anyways i tried to get them apart but the guy wouldn't leave my house and because i rent and my lease expired after i lived there a year my landlord wouldn't give me another lease. i am disabled and on SSI i cant afford to move this place was the cheapest i could find. long story short the guy posted no trespassing signs in my yard and put me out of my house last night. i am now homeless and i have no where to go i need help really bad. the law says i have to provide for my daughter till she is 18. but she and this guy had me put out of the house i need to know what my rights are and how i can get back in my house and if not why should i still be responsible for my daughter if she threw me out? any advice will help. police have her back not mine where are the parents rights in this matter?

Default Re: Kicked Out by Minor Daughter's Boyfriend

Are you leasing the property? Even if your lease expired but the LL continues to accept payment then you are on a month-to-month lease an no one expect the LL can evict you. Even then the LL must go through the proper steps via the court system.

Have you tried to enter the property?

If they refuse to let you into your home, call the police.

yes and the police told me to leave because the bf lied and said i moved out i was never evicted

I suggest you find a homeless shelter to provide temporary housing and apply for state/federal assisted housing, based on your disability status.

https://www.disability.gov/search/li...ons%3Anational

1. Sponsored Links