Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default I Won the DV Lottery but My Husband Doesn't Want to Come

    Recently I found out that I was chosen for the dv lottery. When I applied I wasnt married but now I am. I got married before the results came out. Now I was wondering do I have to put my husband with me on the application or can I put single. My husband doesnt want to come with me due to some family issues he is having. And lets say I have to put him with me, does he have to come with me right away to the US or can he come later.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011

    Default Re: I Won the DV Lottery but My Husband Doesn't Want to Come

    You must update with your current marital status, unless your husband is a US citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: I Won the DV Lottery but My Husband Doesn't Want to Come

    You need to inform the Kentucky Consular Center of the changes to your family. Normally you would pay additional immigrant fees for your spouse, and file certain documentation, but it sounds like your spouse won't be applying to immigrate with you at present. Once you're a permanent resident you can petition for your spouse to enter the U.S.

    You are not single, so you do not want to lie on your immigration documents.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Adoption of Children: My Ex Doesn't Show Up for Court, My Husband Wants to Adopt My Son How Do We Do That6
    By Sara52 in forum Adoption Law and Surrogacy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
  2. Assault & Battery: Victim of Domestic Violence Doesn't Want to Testify Against Husband
    By keys in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 05:23 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 06:48 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Legal Forms - Buy easy-to-use legal forms.