Default Emergency Protective Order with No Contact

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: VA

My wife has an EPO on her sister, which was given by the cops. (she did not ask for it) it also states that her sister can not have ANY contact with my wife. My question is, my wifes sister live with there mother, Does this mean that my wife isnt aloud over at her mother house all at? Even if she was to just stay out side? My wife & her mother are very close to each other , and our kids would like to see her.

The EPO does not say anything about having to be so many "yards" away, it just states no contact of any kinda.

With my wife & kids out side and her sister in side, there isnt any "contact"....

Default Re: Epo with No Contact

Any reason why Mom can't come over to your house to visit?

No car, My wife would have to pick her up, which she would still be on the "land". I just dont want her to get in to trouble. But as far as i can see as long as her sister isnt out side there isnt any Contact, so they should be ok right?

Your wife is the protected party , basically she can go anywhere , it is her sister who has been served with the P/O and who must avoid contact with your wife .
    If your wife wants to go and visit her mother , then she is not under any court restriction not to .
    Her sister has to avoid contact with her .
    Rather then wasting more court time , your wife should go to the court house and file to amend or vacate the P/O ..

Quote Quoting davidschicago
    View Post
    Your wife is the protected party , basically she can go anywhere , it is her sister who has been served with the P/O and who must avoid contact with your wife .
    If your wife wants to go and visit her mother , then she is not under any court restriction not to .
    Her sister has to avoid contact with her .
    Rather then wasting more court time , your wife should go to the court house and file to amend or vacate the P/O ..
    Stop answering years-old threads.

1. Sponsored Links