My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California. SOL 2 years from date of accident.

I received a claim notice from my previous insurance agency that the claimant had claimed 50k for loss of income resulting from an accident. I had 15/30 state minimum at the time of accident. I'm currently insured by another insurer. Now, what will be the next step and what should i do ?. Should i hire an attorney to defend my case ?. Police report notes that i didn't yield to oncoming traffic and caused accident. Please advise.