Default Unique Law and Out of State Suspension

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: North Carolina

I was recently charged with misdemeanor possession in Virginia and taking advantage of the first time offenders program only placed on probation. Even though I was not found guilty the program still suspends my license in Virginia. My question is that because this was a non moving violation and North Carolina does not have a similar law (which the DLC requires to spread across states from my understanding) will my license be suspended in North Carolina?

Default Re: Unique Law and Out of State Suspension

If you have a VIRGINIA license, if it is suspended, it is suspended everywhere. The interstate compacts have nothing whatsoever to do with this.

If you are a NC resident and have a NC license, and your Virginia driving privileges are suspended, then you are free to drive on the NC license everywhere else. NC will not suspend your license over this.

If you have a suspended VIRGINIA license, no other state will issue you a license until your Virginia license is reinstated.

1. Sponsored Links