Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Retaliation for Filing an EEOC Complaint

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: texas
    I filed an eeoc after when hr manager refused my letter to accomidate my dialysis treatment and was rude to me. Corporate hr director investigated and a week later the hr person turned in there resignation. Same week corporate sent letter of accomidation to department manager. Three days later i was written up two disciplinaries twice in one day. One for dirty work area, second for wiring up something wrong. I have been here 10 months never a write up. Other people have done same thing ir worse causing major damage and never gotten in trouble. The department managers policy is you dont understand ask for help. I asked for help prior to wiring it up and was denied help and told they couldnt help me. It was common knowledge the project i was doing is a week spot in my skills list. I claimed retaliation and three days later i was demoted from the skilled trades department and placed in a very low skilled entry level job in a diffrent department. I lost all vhances of career advancements now and i am trapped in a dead end job with previos pay and hours. No other company would hire somebody with dialysis and no insurance would take my preexisting condition. I am barred from going to other department and my old coworkers ignore me for some reason now. This company is worldwide. In texas over the last few years they have been sued 5-6 times for descrimination and retaliation. Plus they been fined for criminal charges by Sec Zand had epa fines. There is more i could post, but this will get the ball rollong on advice. I have two little boys and a wife, so i cant loose my job and benifits.
    Thanks for honest advice

Default Re: Eeoc Complaint then Retaliation

What accomodation did you request that was refused?

Quote Quoting stressedoutondialysis
    View Post
    I filed an eeoc after when hr manager refused my letter to accomidate my dialysis treatment and was rude to me.
    As cbg asked, what accommodation did you ask for - did you ask for time off for dialysis treatment or some other type of accommodation? Thanks.

(Are they currently allowing your accommodation request?)

Not to work beyon 12 hou shift, because i do 8 hours of nightime diaysis 7 days a week. It is being accomidated now, but i am concerned about what i see as retaliation?

Assuming your employer has at least 15 employees - if you believe you are being discriminated/retaliated against due to your disability/requesting an accommodation, you can file a complaint with the federal EEOC or the Civil Rights Division of the TWC.

28,000 employees worldwide. Already filed eeoc complaint. I am concerned about retaliation that has happenef. ( is it considered retalitio )

So, WAS your work area dirty? DID you wire something wrong? How do you know that others did not get written up?

Are you a lawyer? Do you know anything about eeoc complaints and retaliation? The work are was not dirty. Two litle banding straps thtee inces in diameter were left out. I know others were not written up for mistakes, because i have had numerious conversation with diffrent maintenance personel. If you dont know anything about descrimination and retaliation laws please dont respond. I am dealing with enough stress now.

No, I am not a lawyer but yes, I do know something about eeoc complaints and retaliation. I am asking questions for a reason, intended to try to determine the motivation of someone I cannot talk to based only on the information provided by someone who is angry with them. If you are unable to answer questions, which are intended to help get you your answer, then please feel free to pay a lawyer to answer you instead.

Since you already filed a complaint with the EEOC, let them look into it & see what decision they reach.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast