Default Interstate Visitation

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: MN & IL

My child is 3 years old. My ex and I divorced 2 years ago and he has seen my child 5 times since then. He does not visit and does not call and never answers the phone or replies when I contact him or send pictures. I have more than upheld my part of the bargain by trying to involve him in our childs life. The last few times my child has come back from visitation he has been so traumatized. If we reach out to touch him he flinches back like I was going to hurt him. He had nightmares and cried through the night. Obviously something went wrong. My ex husband is an alcoholic and refuses to even contact me unless he has been drinking and then only to sling accusations and insults at me. He hasnt spoken to my child in 6 months (not because he couldnt he just doesnt I havent tried to stop him) and now he called me drunk as usual and demands to know when he will be picking my child up for the summer. I asked when he wanted to have vacation with him and he said no vacation he wants him the entire 3 months. After 4 days my child was so traumatized i cant imagine what is going to happen to him after 3 months. When my ex does have him he refuses to let me see him or talk to him. My husband and I raised my child without any help from my ex and my child knows my husband as dad and is terrified of my ex. I tried to encourage a good relationship but my exs treatment of my child has caused this behavior. What can I do? My ex is a violent man and I do not want my son to be with him. I am also afraid that he will take him and dissapear and I will never see my son again. What can I do? Please help!

Default Re: Interstate Visitation

Quote Quoting amarad
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: MN & IL

My child is 3 years old. My ex and I divorced 2 years ago and he has seen my child 5 times since then. He does not visit and does not call and never answers the phone or replies when I contact him or send pictures. I have more than upheld my part of the bargain by trying to involve him in our childs life. The last few times my child has come back from visitation he has been so traumatized. If we reach out to touch him he flinches back like I was going to hurt him. He had nightmares and cried through the night. Obviously something went wrong.

Probably an unprepared parent and child.

Honestly - this is not an abnormal reaction for a child so young.

My ex husband is an alcoholic and refuses to even contact me unless he has been drinking and then only to sling accusations and insults at me. He hasnt spoken to my child in 6 months (not because he couldnt he just doesnt I havent tried to stop him) and now he called me drunk as usual and demands to know when he will be picking my child up for the summer. I asked when he wanted to have vacation with him and he said no vacation he wants him the entire 3 months. After 4 days my child was so traumatized i cant imagine what is going to happen to him after 3 months. When my ex does have him he refuses to let me see him or talk to him. My husband and I raised my child without any help from my ex and my child knows my husband as dad and is terrified of my ex. I tried to encourage a good relationship but my exs treatment of my child has caused this behavior. What can I do? My ex is a violent man and I do not want my son to be with him. I am also afraid that he will take him and dissapear and I will never see my son again. What can I do? Please help!

Are there any court orders in place?

Default Re: Interstate Visitation

We have the custody order from the divorce. It states no scheduled weekend visits, no scheduled weekday visits, alternating holidays which are all listed out, and alternating vacation time. It doesn't specify anything else. The only place it even specifies time with my child is the holidays. He hasnt even picked him up for the majority that he can have him and when I call he never responds.

1. Sponsored Links