Post Is Emotional Abuse Grounds for Emancipation

Sorry I am writing on your post but the site won't let me write a new forum. I was wondering if i qualify for being emancipated. I am 16 and live with my mother, my father died when i was 7. My mom mentally, verbally and sometimes physically abuses me. It's been going on for 6 years now and I don't want to stay with her and be a emotional roller coaster and stress out and lose the baby. My boyfriend and I found a school right out of Las Vegas that will let us stay there (we have grants and scholarships that pay for everything) while we go to school.

Default Re: How Do You Qualify for Emancipation

Your being pregnant means you need more supervision. Unless you AND your minor baby daddy both have great paying jobs and are capable of providing individually your own food, clothing, shelter and health insurance, using your pay checks, even if your state allowed emancipation you have a zero chance. On the other hand, if your mother is ready to wash her hands of you, because you are lazy, shiftless and not smart enough to navigate a VBulletin site, she might sign papers allowing you to attend a school funded by someone elses nickel. It might be a positive experience for both of you. Your baby daddy, on the other hand, will likely find little support from his mom n dad to be your regular bed buddy. In fact, as soon as you file for our tax dollars to pay your freight, the state will likely go after your hormone head for child support, to offset some of the hard working citizens tax dollars.

Default Re: Emancipation

No, you don't.

You haven't read any threads at all about emancipation - I suggest you do so.

If I am reading your post correctly, you have NO chance whatsoever at emancipation. And as Doggie suggests, if you do even the most cursory reading of these forums, you will soon realize why.

No matter how many "oh, but my case is different and the rules shouldn't apply to me" scenarios you come up with, it isn't and they do. So don't even go there.

I don't want to stay with her and be a emotional roller coaster and stress out and lose the baby.
    (Emphasis mine.)

Horsepuckey. One does not miscarry from "stressing out".

Even if emancipation is available in your state - and you have declined to follow the instruction to name your state - the fact that you are pregnant, even if you met all the other requirements, would ensure that your petition is denied.

1. Sponsored Links