Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default Birth Records

    My question involves a relationship in the state of: New York
    I was sharing an apartment in Manhattan with my girlfriend and she became
    pregnant and gave birth.
    She filled out her deceased husband's name on the birth certificate so that we
    could avoid paying the hospital bill. What is the penalty in New York State for falsification
    of birth records?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Birth Records

    Your gf is guilty of forgery and conspiracy. You are guilty of conspiracy as well because you knew and by your own admission condoned the action. The max penalty for the Felony D is 7years. Class A misdemeanor is 1 year.

    § 105.05 Conspiracy in the fifth degree.
    A person is guilty of conspiracy in the fifth degree when, with intent
    that conduct constituting:
    1. a felony be performed, he agrees with one or more persons to engage
    in or cause the performance of such conduct;
    Conspiracy in the fifth degree is a class A misdemeanor.

    § 170.10 Forgery in the second degree.
    A person is guilty of forgery in the second degree when, with intent
    to defraud, deceive or injure another, he falsely makes, completes or
    alters a written instrument which is or purports to be, or which is
    calculated to become or to represent if completed:
    2. A public record, or an instrument filed or required or authorized
    by law to be filed in or with a public office or public servant; or
    Forgery in the second degree is a class D felony

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 01:38 PM
  2. How to Remove Father on Birth Records
    By thamcw in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 02:36 PM
  3. Amending Michigan Birth Records
    By xooyourstruely in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 10:14 PM
  4. Private Investigators: How To Find Birth Records In Pennsylvania
    By tryptamine in forum Legal Practice
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 03:01 AM
  5. How Can an Adult Correct Father's Name on Birth Records
    By auntgina in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources

Forum Sponsor
Legal Forms - Buy easy-to-use legal forms.