Default Prescription Drugs Inappropriately Given To An Addict

Hello, I am currently involved in a state investigation involving State Fraud Dept as well as State Licensing Board. In late 2002, my family doc of 23 years, prescribed pain meds for a sustained back injury, it became very easy to obtain pain scripts from him just by calling and saying I was out. In 2003 he prescribed 100 scripts totalling over 8,000 pills (all pain meds and benzos for anxiety), in 04, was 173 scripts totalling over 14,000 pills, at which point he starting scribing Oxycontin, yes, way before this point, im an addict, but this doc would call me at home, offering to either call in to pharmacy or come pick up, ask me how many i would want?, Am i going to say no?..of course not, im an addict. To make a long story short, he is now been investigated by the State Fraud Dept on my insurance alone (Ballpark figure he commited fraudulant claims totalling over $25,000) now licensing board has my prescrp breakdown from insurance company and are filing a complaint on my behalf.

Ive been asked to testify so far by both parties which i have agreed to do so. Heres a summary, in oct 04, on my way to his office where i was employed i was arrested for DUI/drugs, checked myself into rehab next day, the following day rushed out of rehab by ambulance with a liver count almost to 7,000, ws advised liver failure, enroute to hospital, ambulance emt ws on phone w/hospital talking about "transplant", luckily after 7 day stay, dextoxed, no perm liver damage. I have been clean for 8 months now..Very proud..

this seems hard to believe to some im sure, but its true. Im wondering what advice can be handed out. I do have a medmal attorney, who has advised me of "Lets get moving" on this. But a little timid of what to expect for personal case to wittness to the state?? :?:

Default Witness for State Action

The state presumably wants you to testify as to the doctor's conduct, and about which care and services you received, and which you did not. Your medical malpractice attorney should be able to provide you with some notion of the questions you are likely to be asked.

Default Trying to stay focused

Ive been advised by my medmal on basically what will happen, the state has told me what they need from me. Basically to sum this up as best I can, the state is going in on him "anyday" but are keeping me in the circle as to when. My medmal states the reason for my personal case to really get moving is becuase once this becomes publicized, who knows whos going to come out of the wood. Im just nervous w/my case, because I have not seen this man since Oct, nor do I want to see him, because I really would like to just punch him in the face (i wouldnt do that actually) just the hatred of him I now have. I know kinda what his side is going to do, twist, turn everything else. but ive never been invloved in any criminal matters until the DUI in my life. Only court I have ever been to was in the early 90's for my divorce.

1. Sponsored Links