Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Injured in a T-Bone Collision With a Commercial Truck That Ran a Red Light

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Florida

I was tboned on the way to work by a work truck (f350) that ran a red light and was ticket for that. I have 2 bulging discs in my neck, one slight annular tear in my neck, another in my lower back. Headaches every day for 4 months now, I lost my job over this accident and I just recieved MMI from the chiropractor i was originally seeing, however, i now am only being treated my physical therapists, physiatrists and my family doctor. The guilty party was 100% at fault, carries 1,000,000.00 in insurance. What should/could i expect to get from this? I am unable to go back to my previous job, lost my current one, my kids are now at home with me cause i can't afford daycare, ect ect.....

To all that reply, let me go ahead and thank you for your thoughts....

Default Re: Injured in a T-Bone Collision With a Commercial Truck That Ran a Red Light

If you settle within policy limits, you can expect to get somewhere between $0 and $1,000,000.00. The rest depends on the details of your case, medical history, treatment and prognosis, which are not known to us.

Default Re: Injured in a T-Bone Collision With a Commercial Truck That Ran a Red Light

Well, thank you captain obvious.

Medical History, no back pain, no neck pain.
    Prognosis: Long term physical therapy, chiropractic care, several rounds of steroid injections needed along with pain management with the possibility of needing some minor surgery later on in my life.

I was told that because the person/company that hit me cost me my job that i could be looking at a rather large settlement, especially since i could no longer do what i used to do based on doctor evals and i will probably be going to be college to get a degree in something less, physically demanding. Was just curious how legitimate of a claim i have.

MrKnowitall> I recieved a letter today from the Chiropractor i was seeing originally stating i had reached MMI and what the percentage was. What does this all really mean? I ask yo because you seem to post on lots of stuff on here and even though i've seen that you come across as kind of a jerk it does seem that you might know a thing or two about a thing or two.....

I really don't think he is going to reply to you after that remark. I also don't think anyone else on this board will ether, as they respect MrKnowitall.

Good luck with whatever you find out.

Ok, well i guess he can't take a dose of his own medicine. He gave a smartass answer and i replied with the same. Oh well, i'll find another forum to get some real information instead of "You can expect to get 0-1,000,000".....

Sorry, we can't help people like you. You will need the following:
    1. A lawyer
    2. A real medical diagnosis, not a quack-o-practor.

Again, a petulant child is in a snit because we're not psychic and can't tell him exactly what he wants to hear. I swear, there must be something in the water....

I have a lawyer, i have seen a Chiropractor, my family doctor and am currently mosting seeing a Physiatrist who also does my physical therapy and pain management. I've seen that Chiropractors are not very respected in this field, although, they do seem to have valid stats backing up what they do and have proven results so in a sense i guess they get a bad rap.

I wasn't looking for a psycic reading, just some useful advice/opinions. Of which, your response was about as far from usefull as it gets. I think your name fits your attitude quite well, you do seem like a know it all.

But i bid you well, i have moved on to another forum that has actually given me reponses that have proven to have knowledge and beneficial information for me to read about. Appreciate your pointless posts knowitall.

What do you expect us to do? You itemize your exact damages and the other party will shoot holes in it. Absent any broken bones or open wounds, it will be very hard to convince a court to award any intangible suffering damages. We don't have the details. Your lawyer will. As Bullwinkle said, you might get NOTHING, you might (and this is a stretch since your injuries appear not that great) get the full policy limit.

As a victim of chiropractic malpractice, I reserve the right to be cynical.

I just want to know how it is possible that i would get "nothing", based on that comment i would question anyone's knowledge on this given the details of my accident. How in the world, if it is 100% their fault, could i possibly lose?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast