Hybrid View

Question Remarrying Before Divorce is Final

But my Significant other and I are arguing about it!!!

Basically from my understanding if someone is waiting on a divorce, and is engaged to another person - they are legally UNABLE to marry their Fiance/e correct?

Until such times that the divorce decree is finalised.

Do I have the right information of is it as simple as marrying someone else and that just not being legal until the divorce is finalised?

(That is if the divorce were not final until March and the pair got married in January - their marrige would infact NOT be legal -at all correct??

OR

Would the marriage become legal as soon as the "March" date arrived. . . . )

As you can see we are both on different pages of this, so to speak. . .and we would like a little bit of clarification. . . . THANKS!!

Default Re: It may be a silly question . . . .

Quote Quoting e_makinscott
    View Post

But my Significant other and I are arguing about it!!!

Basically from my understanding if someone is waiting on a divorce, and is engaged to another person - they are legally UNABLE to marry their Fiance/e correct?

Until such times that the divorce decree is finalised.

Do I have the right information of is it as simple as marrying someone else and that just not being legal until the divorce is finalised?

(That is if the divorce were not final until March and the pair got married in January - their marrige would infact NOT be legal -at all correct??

OR

Would the marriage become legal as soon as the "March" date arrived. . . . )

As you can see we are both on different pages of this, so to speak. . .and we would like a little bit of clarification. . . . THANKS!!
    As long as you are still legally married, you can not marry another person.

It is against the law.

1. Sponsored Links